Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question One forum for two different websites

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1 by kcgamer
Hello,

Just wanted to stop in and say forums are the greatest thing... they allow people who have no idea really mess things up..hahah but thats how we learn,

So I have been searching for two days now and I thought I would open an account and finally just ask the question....

How do I use the same forum on two different sites...

Give you the details.

both sites using joomla 1.5x using the same template just different content, one if for local club of gamers the other is for my events... I would like to know how do I achieve my goal... two websites one for events and one for gamers to use the same forum.

www.elitekcgamers.com
www.midwestnetwarz.com

thanks for the help
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
Short answer: no you cannot.

Long answer: Kunena is currently designed to be run inside of Joomla and uses directly Joomla database functions, which allow Kunena to be used only inside one site. Even if it was possible to get rid of the current limitation, there's still another issue with users as the users need to be the same (with the same ids) in both sites.

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by kcgamer
I understand what you are saying but if you are running two websites off the same root folder... and databases then would they not be the same?

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
No, not nessessary. Joomla also uses prefix in every instance and that prefix will be different. Only if both sites are identical (in all content), they are using the same tables..

Sorry, but this is not a problem that's easy to solve.. It would need a lot of tricks and preferably clean secondary site to make it to work.

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by THUTO
Replied by THUTO on topic 1 Forum on 2 different sites?
Is it possible to create 1 forum and allow access to forum by 2 different websites with different urls?

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, THUTO, and welcome to Kunena.

Please see the earlier responses to your similar question in this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds