Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Exporting posts from one forum and add them to another kunena forum

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by payon
Hello,

I have two joomla sites. On each of them a kunena forum is installed and used.
Now I wanted to close one site and so to combine both forums in such a matter that I want to export posts from one forum and to add them to the second forum.
The problem is, that on the other forum, I already have about 100 posts, which I won't delete or overright. So I would just like to add the posts from the other forum.

Is there any solution for this?

THanks for help.

Payon

Sorry for my bad english. Hopefully you understood, what I meant :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
There's really no easy solution to do this. There is one way to do it, but it needs some knowledge on MySQL.

The idea is to run a set of queries in the new/old forum to fix all the fields pointing to messages or topics by adding +MAX+1, where MAX is the last id in the old/new forum. Then you just import another DB into the one you're going to be used and hope that you remembered to fix all the values.

Unfortunately if you have different users, the task becomes really hard as you need to map existing userids and add missing ones and change all the fields pointing to users, too.. Or you could just have userid=0 (anonymous) in them...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds