Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Disable content plugins on categories and allow only in topic

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by darksoul
Hi.
I need to enable content plugins but i need also to stop them working into categories or index.
I have many problems with other plugins such as "glossary plugin" "soundcloud".
look at the picture.

Can i disable them by changing some code or adding?
Please help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
What seems to be the reason that these things do not work?
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by darksoul
Yes and work too much.
I dont need to see content plugins in forum headers and categories. this seems that kunena miss something. Content plugi ns must be only on message_text not in the whole forum!

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Content plugins for J! 1.5 usually do not have any scope limitation; in other words, if you enable them they are enabled for all pages. J! 1.6 has the ability to limit the scope of content plugins.

The ultimate control, however, is governed by the content plugin itself ... or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: darksoul

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by darksoul
don't know. for example jdownload content plug does not appear categories.
But i have to stop running glossary content plugin because if topic name is = it add link to glossaru and make topic unacessibile.
Did is not configurable from kunena?

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled

darksoul wrote: I have to stop running glossary content plugin because if topic name is = it add link to glossaru and make topic unacessibile ... is not configurable from kunena?

:blink: Huh? There is a glossary content plugin for Kunena? Where did you find it?

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by darksoul

sozzled wrote:

darksoul wrote: I have to stop running glossary content plugin because if topic name is = it add link to glossaru and make topic unacessibile ... is not configurable from kunena?

:blink: Huh? There is a glossary content plugin for Kunena? Where did you find it?

nope. glossary content bot of remository.com

More
12 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
I apologise for my last reply. It was not a very professional response to a very good question that you asked. I will try to give you a better answer soon.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
In J! 1.5, if you enable a plugin it is enabled everywhere. Some plugins interact with Joomla components in different ways and it depends on the order that the plugins are loaded.

An example of this issue is the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin. Under some circumstances it should not matter if you enable or disable this plugin. K 1.6 tries to enable the plugin from within the component but other Joomla extension may load their own plugins that conflict or clobber the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin. In such cases the load order is important. This is discussed in Common causes of Mootools (Javascript library) issues and Kunena . The fact that other extensions load their own plugins is not a matter for Kunena to address. These are questions of individual choice and preference. What is more important? A properly functioning web-based discussion forum for your site ... or something else. Putting it more bluntly, Which came first? The template or the forum?

As I have just written, the Mootools issue is just one example to show how it's possible for other extensions interfere with Kunena. You have provided us with other examples of plugins that impact in different ways. The Mootools issue is the most important one for us to address because, without Mootools, Kunena will not function properly.

Many of these problems exist because J! 1.5 does not allow plugins only to operate on certain pages (i.e. with certain components) and J! 1.5 does not give you the means to easily select which plugins should or should not be enabled for different components. J! 1.6, on the other hand, allows you some control over this and that may be something for you to experiment with.

In the case of the Mootools issues, that I have mentioned as one example of such "plugin problems", we expect that nearly all these problems will disappear as users migrate to J! 1.6 and beyond. This could also be the case with the glossary plugin that you are using ... and, then again, is this glossary plugin capable of being used in J! 1.6? This is something for you to research - ask the author of that plugin about their plans to run in J! 1.6.

Alternatively, you could try changing the load order of the glossary plugin and, perhaps, that might have a beneficial impact on your Kunena problem. I really don't know the specific answer to address the situation as you have described.

More
12 years 10 months ago #10 by darksoul
Tank you sozzled i will give a try. and maybe contact the developer of glossary

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds