Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How to streamline the K1.6.4. Index view?

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by csolar
Is there a simple way to streamline the forum index view? I'd like to turn off things like:

- The "Who is online" section
- The "Forum Statistics" section
- The user welcome/registration/login section

I'm sure these are useful on some sites, but for me at least they add a lot of clutter to the page...the forums themselves are buried under all this extra stuff.

I see that these sections can be minimized, but I don't see how I can have them default to being minimized. Better still would be to turn these things off completely.

Is there a way to do this without hacking into the code?

Thanks, Chris.

Config settings:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : siteground-j15-86 | author: SiteGround | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 08/2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Yes, you can turn off "Who is online" section: Forum Configuration » Plug-ins » Statistics Plug-in Settings » Show Who is Online = No

Yes, you can turn off the "Forum Statistics" section: Forum Configuration » Plug-ins » Statistics Plug-in Settings » Show Statistics = No

Yes, you can turn off the user welcome/registration/login section: Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds