Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged How to enable Threaded & Indented buttons

More
12 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by thug_boy
Hello,

Here in kunena I see more buttons like Threaded & Indented.

How I can enable it in my forums?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change subject and topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thanks, thug_boy, for your very good question.

The threaded/indented view is an experimental feature of K 1.6.4 and this experimental feature is not officially supported. However, if you want to try this experimental feature on your website, I will show you how it is done.

Please not that the way to implement this experimental feature requires that you need to change a field in your database table. Changing your database is not something that should be attempted by anyone unless they are completely aware of the risk that they may make their Joomla website totally unusable if they make a mistake. Before making any changes to the database you should make sure that you have a good backup of your website. Please also read How To Destroy your forum data...

As long as you accept the risks involved
, this is what you need to do:

Use a database tool like phpMyAdmin. In the table jos_kunena_config, change the column value enable_threaded_layouts from 0 to 1
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ccbee, markhbrock

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by thug_boy
Oh !!
I think this feature is available in K 1.6.4 and I think there is something wrong with upgrading process officially.
But if there is a risk in enabling it then I wouldn't enable it especially when I'm not experiment about editing databases tables. So I'll wait for enabling it officially in the next releases :)

Thank you very much sozzled for your fast response :)
and I'm so sorry for my bad English.

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
There is nothing wrong with the official upgrade process. As I wrote, the threaded feature is not officially included as part of the K 1.6.4 release. The feature is disabled by default. If you want to use the feature you need to manually enable it; I have shown you how it can be enabled. :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by ccbee
Replied by ccbee on topic topic indents
Anyway to indent replies to a topic?

So you would have a visual structure:

- if you're replying to original post no indent,

-- but if you're repling to someone who replied to an original topic or first topic that post would indent... or something along those lines.

I haven't yet upgraded to 1.6... as I am working on it but wondering about this feature.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : rt_quantive_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.6 | creationdate: April 20, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: topic indents
Hello,

Do you tried here the buttons : indented or threaded ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: topic indents

ccbee wrote: I haven't yet upgraded to 1.6.[4] as I am working on it but wondering about this feature.

The feature is experimental at this time. The feature is only available in K 1.6.4 - see also K 1.6 Upgrade Guide .
The following user(s) said Thank You: ccbee

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by andrewm57
Replied by andrewm57 on topic Re: topic indents
I'd love to turn this on, and I have access via PHPMyAdmin, but I don't see a jos_kunena_config table.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : rt_afterburner_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: 08/07/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by andrewm57
Replied by andrewm57 on topic Re: topic indents
Hmmm... Found it today and turned it on. More sleep?
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepaklucknow

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by ccbee
For some reason thought I had subscribed to topic, now I see responses.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds