Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Set Allow Nickname on Posts to Yes but Name does not display

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #1 by bobmeetin
I have 3 joomla installs all running Kunena 1.6.2 on Joomla 1.5.22. 2 are test installs that I'm playing with to try to get live working correctly. On one of the test installs "Name" appears as it should under Category when you opt to post a new topic, but it will not display on the other test install nor the live site. I did a side by side comparison of the configuration settings and they are identical with the two test sites.

This includes both the Users and Security tabs. Allow Nickname on Posts is set to Yes on all. All sites are hosted on the same reseller hosting account, so this is not a variable factor.

www.jtest.us - This works
www.joomlareview.biz - This fails

I looked at the html code and it is different. On the ones that fail, the <tr> has display: none and the <td> has input disabled="disabled".

If I get a bad internet connection and load the page you can very briefly see the name field before it vanishes.

Through User Manager I synchronized the names, usernames and email addresses across both sites. This I can't explain why, but on the one that works it is showing the real name as Dmitri Koniahin (my test user). On the one that is failing the name seen in View Source (Firefox) shows as the email address: [email protected].
Code:
<tr [b]style="display: none;"[/b] class="krow2" id="kanynomous-check-name"> <td class="kcol-first"> <strong>Name</strong> </td> <td class="kcol-mid"> <input [b]disabled="disabled"[/b] id="kauthorname" name="authorname" size="35" class="kinputbox postinput required" maxlength="35" value="[email protected]" type="text"> </td> </tr>

I cannot see where it is getting the display:none and disabled as the configurations are identical.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by bobmeetin. Reason: make easier to read

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
We advise you to upgrade to K 1.6.3 to see if this problem has been fixed in that version.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #3 by bobmeetin
Is/was this a known bug? I can't see why it would work for one install then fail in several (actually 3, not 2) installs.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Looks like this feature does not work - or, just like you, I don't know how to make it work.

If you have a site where the feature works, can you post you configuration report. Please post the configuration report for the site where this feature does not work. Maybe I can then understand more about what you need to do.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #5 by bobmeetin
As I noted in the first post, it is working on www.jtest.us . It is failing on 3 other sites including joomlareview.biz. Undoubtedly it is display:none that is being set along with disabled="disabled" which causes the failure. I upgraded joomlareview.biz to 1.6.3 to no avail. Same problem.

If you can tell me where and how in what template file to hack this I'll do that until it gets fixed. Configuration report - I'm not exactly sure what you need but for www.jtest.us which is the same as joomlareview.biz:

Forum Configuration: Users

Display User Name: No
Require E-mail: No
Show E-mail: No
Show User Statistics: Yes
Show Karma Indicator: Yes
Enable Thank You Feature: Yes
User Edits: Yes

Forum Configuration - Security:

Allow Guests to post/write: No
Registered Users Only: No
User Can Delete Own Post: Never
Allow to moderator to view and restore deleted messages: No
Allow Username Changes: No
Allow Nickname on Posts: Yes

Forum Configuration - Plugins:

Show Real Name: Yes
Show Username: Yes

I would be willing to give access to a support team member privately if it helps.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
It took me a while to figure out what this means and how it works. I enabled the feature on a test site (see the following images):

The option to enter a nickname shows only when you are replying in a topic. There's no option to enter a nickname when you start a topic. So, the news is not all that bad, is it?

UPDATE: You can, however, create a new topic and then edit the first post and change the username at that time.

I would still advise you to upgrade to K 1.6.3 in any case.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #7 by bobmeetin
www.jtest.us is my joomla test website currently running 1.6.2 kunena. If you visit the site and set up and account, then opt to post a New Topic you'll see the much-aligned Name field in plain site. Here's a test account I set up on both sites:

username: kunena
password: kunena

On www.joomlareview.biz which is now running 1.6.3 it is not there for either new topics or replies.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by bobmeetin.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #8 by bobmeetin
I'd prefer not to hack the code to make it work, but this is something I would like to see working. Is there someone on the development team who can lead me to the file that contains the code and instruct me what to do to make it work correctly until this is fixed?

Also, is there an official page, wiki, etc that discusses this feature?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #9 by xillibit

bobmeetin wrote: www.jtest.us is my joomla test website currently running 1.6.2 kunena. If you visit the site and set up and account, then opt to post a New Topic you'll see the much-aligned Name field in plain site. Here's a test account I set up on both sites:

username: kunena
password: kunena

On www.joomlareview.biz which is now running 1.6.3 it is not there for either new topics or replies.

You have a mootools issue the bbcode toolbar isn't displayed

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by xillibit.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #10 by bobmeetin
Mootools - I would not be at all surprised as it has become a bit of a nightmare for Joomla sites that use lots of varied extensions. But the problem in that case is on www.jtest.us where bbcode is failing but "Name" displays. On all the sites where bbcode is working Name is broken.

Yesterday I installed another fresh site, joomlatest.us/index.php?option=com_kunen...ew=listcat&Itemid=54 . Joomla 1.5.22 out of the box with the default rhuk_milkyway template and Kunena 1.6.3. BBcode is working and of course Name fails.

So the question here is what magical mixture of Mootools, Joomla and Kunena version do I need to assemble to make Name work and bbcode. etc work in harmony?

I've probably got a solid 8 hours of my time and skin in this by now. It'd be nice to see a reward at the end of the tunnel.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds