Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Small bug in notification emails

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by Hutchy68
Not a critical bug, but it does effect the Kunena.org forum as well as mine and I am sure others. I went back and checked my notifications emails from Kunena, they have the same error.

Subscription emails and moderator notifications are dropping the first string value in the post title.

Example:

Tom,

A new post has been made to a topic to which you have subscribed on the Kunena Forum

Message PDF icon next to Post Subject
Forum: K 1.5 Hacks, Tricks and Tips
Posted by: sozzled

Which should read:

Tom,

A new post has been made to a topic to which you have subscribed on the Kunena Forum

Posted by: sozzled

The subject of the emails are correct, in this case it was "Re: PDF icon next to Post Subject" but the trailing ":" after "Message" and the first string which is "Re:" is being dropped in the email body.

This is occuring on all the subscription and moderator email notifications.

I also noticed a link break in the contents of the post being sent by email, perhaps that should be another topic. It correctly plain texted the email format: name of link (address to link) but broke the address to the link halfway through by dropping two characters, which just happen to be "/n" in the link for those php familiar. Might be nothing to solve that one.

Tom
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Hutchy68. Reason: Clarify

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Good question, Tom, but I'm not sure if this really is a defect as such.

I haven't checked the source code to see what is responsible for generating the text that you're describing, but it's my guess that the text is being taken from the topic subject (i.e. the subject of the first post in a discussion thread) rather than the subject of the post that was replied to that generated the email.

I agree with you: let's address the matter of line-breaks in the message body as a separate topic.

What you could try, to verify whether the email is merely dropping "Re:" (and I don't think it's as simple as that) is this:

(1) Take a topic with the first post having the subject "AAAAAA" (for example)
(2) Subscribe to the topic
(3) Create a new post (or have another account create a new post with the subject "BBBBBB" (for example)
(4) Look at the resulting email notification and I think you will find that the subject of that message is "AAAAAA"

One thing that is wrong, however (and thank you for pointing it out) is this:

What needs to be changed (and I'll report this as something that should be changed in K 1.6.4) is to change it to this:

Category: K 1.5 Hacks, Tricks and Tips

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by Hutchy68
Sozzled

Thanks, but not "Re:" specific. That occurred to me right off. Was the : or any mix of other special characters causing this. I have observed it in all notification starts. Anything in that is beginning of the string before the first space. It could be just "Start" from "Start of Topic" or "1989Start" or "-Start" or "(Start)" from "... of Topic" - etc.

I have tried it in Cat subscriptions new topics, moderation new topics, user reply topics... old users and newly created ones.

In all cases, the Subject of the email is the complete correct string.

There probably is a misplaced " or ' in the library file? Problem is, I don't know where the library file is in 1.6 otherwise I would take a look for it.

Thanks for looking.

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by Hutchy68
That was the other!

Forum instead of category....plus I thought I saw one of the notifications with a spelling error.

Tom

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds