Kunena 5.2 RC 1 Released (25 Oct 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Important Categories ordering problem

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1 by marco168
My site has more than 300 categories(including sub-categories) in total and the ordering of them is the big problem.

1) Hope Kunena could have the back-end config to set the ordering method of them, eg. by alphabetical order, by number of thread or by number of replies.

2) For ordering index of category in back-end, i found the field use "tinyint" to store the ordering index and hence only 0-255 can be used for ordering. Hope it can be changed to use "smallint" to give more flexibility in large sites.

Thanks for any opinion;)
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by marco168.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #2 by Ma57eR
There is no solution for now - the team told me in other thread, that no problem?!

When i try to move only one category or sub-category and everything goes Random Ordering?!

More
9 years 8 months ago #3 by ChaosHead
I have such bug. On my site more than 350 categories. And to change their order is a big problem.
At first I do a database backup copy. Otherwise then it is possible to spend some hours for recovery of their order.

More
9 years 8 months ago #4 by HolidayAuctionChief
I wouldn't have thought this was a big job, but also maybe we could get some sort of timescale as to when it would improve?

More
9 years 8 months ago #5 by marco168
Yes, I have the same problem as yours.....after adding few new categories, the ordering of other categories go random and most of them become order 127!

Need to spend lots of time to re-order it....:angry:

Ma57eR wrote: There is no solution for now - the team told me in other thread, that no problem?!

When i try to move only one category or sub-category and everything goes Random Ordering?!

More
9 years 8 months ago #6 by Ma57eR

ChaosHead wrote: I have such bug. On my site more than 350 categories. And to change their order is a big problem.
At first I do a database backup copy. Otherwise then it is possible to spend some hours for recovery of their order.

And DBZ backup dont help - first i try to make all sections, categories and sub-categories on sql and then Import it, but the problem still there

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #7 by ChaosHead
I have opened the table "jos_kunena_categories", having used PhpMyAdmin.
At a field "ordering" specified type is "TINYINT". Let's try to replace to "int(11)".

p.s.
Has looked at tables in Fireboard. It still from-there.
But in the table "jos_kunena_messages" for a field "ordering" specified type is already "int (11)".

TINYINT
Minimum Value: -128
Maximum Value: 127

INT
Minimum Value: -2147483648
Maximum Value: 2147483647

I hope that Kunena developers will pay attention. Whether the correct this decision? Whether it will lead to other problems?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by ChaosHead.

More
9 years 8 months ago #8 by Matias
Yes, I paid some attention. But I will also ask: why don't you group 300+ categories into more than one sections?

More
9 years 8 months ago #9 by ChaosHead
There 8 sections with categories and subcategories.

More
9 years 8 months ago #10 by Matias
I have fixed this for K1.6.4. If you want the fix before, please join into our testers group and you'll get access for all great and new stuff (with a price of few bug/success reports). :)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds