Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Can we have only certain users who can start topics but other users can reply?

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by crood58
I tried looking for this, but could not find it. Maybe I over looked it.

What I would like to do is be able to set a user to only be able to post a new thread in a certain category, but let other people be able to comment on that new post. Is there some kind of way to do this and if so is there documentation?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by mplayer
Replied by mplayer on topic Forum Permissions Question
I am setting up a new forum category but need to see if this is possible. I need to have specific users to be able to post messages in this category but no one else can. However the ones who can not post, should still be able to view the threads.

However, the catch is, I do not want the specific users to have moderator status. Is this possible? I cant seem to figure out the best way to accomplish this.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: User Thread Permissions
G'day, crood58, and welcome to Kunena. We discussed this issue around the time of K 1.5 (see Only specific users can start topics ) and, unfortunately, this was achievable then due to the limitations of Joomla.

It should be possible to revisit this idea again, after Kunena is made fully workable with J! 1.6, but there is still some work left to do to complete this task.

The short answer is that this is not yet achievable with K 1.6 and it's unlikely that the facility will be incorporated into this version. I know that this kind of need has been asked for before (see [Merged topic] User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs as one example of this) and so the idea is not without its merits. In fact, if this feature is incorporated into Kunena it will greatly benefit the increased use of Kunena as a forum extension of choice for the Joomla community.

So, the answer is no - not in the immediate time frame - but it's something that the development team is keen to implement in the future. :)

I hope this also addresses mplayer's similar question.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by prophoto
Is it possible to have a category allowing only admins and mods to start new posts, while allowing unmoderated replies? If not I'd like to request it...

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds