Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Forum Meta page titles have changed

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I just noticed that not just my own forum, but also this forums page titles have changed and are not rendering as they did before. In other words, no matter what thread you open up, the meta-page title stays the same.

For instance, the following page has a title of "could live mealworms bring in parasites" if you Google this you find the exact page on the Internet. When you arrive at the page the title is now just "forum", it's the same for every single page on the forum. I'm very worried that within time all of my page headings will disappear and that will be serious effect on how people find information on my forum.

If you click the link below and then look at the page title you will see exactly what I'm talking about

www.oscarfishlover.com/oscar-fish-advice...s-bring-in-parasites

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by Oscarfishlover
I'm surprised no one has responded, I can't be the only person experiencing this problem. I checked the source code on individual pages and the heading title has changed to "forum" this is going to totally screw the search performance of the website up.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by teratyke
I'm on 1.6.2 and my meta titles are as they should be i.e. they represent the thread title - I've not yet upgraded to 1.6.3 - is that the version you're on?
Rob

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by skkuumar
Hi

the problem only in 1.6.3

regards

skkuumar

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5 by Oscarfishlover
Yes, I upgraded to 1.6.3 yesterday but only nnoticed the titles today. The same thing is happening on the kunena forum so I'm hoping it's not just an isolated problem with my website. However,the same thing doesn't appear to be happening on another one of my websites which I also upgraded yesterday to 1.6.3

I have included two links, the first one is the forum where the title seemed to be okay, the second link is my fish website where the titles are not showing as they should be. The only difference is the fish website is using slightly different URLs to the first one, but I did try changing them and made no difference.

www.tetraplegicliving.com/forum?func=view&catid=7&id=37

www.oscarfishlover.com/oscar-fish-advice...-my-new-oscar-please

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by Oscarfishlover
I just tried downgrading back to 1.6.2 but something went wrong and my site got screwed up so I had to go back to 1.6.3. I must admit, I am rather worried that this problem is going to affect how many people find my website.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by Oscarfishlover
Well I still don't seem to be getting anywhere with this problem. I've come to to downgrade back to 1.6.2 but then got a blank screen on the website. When I went into the forum configuration I got the following message. Not sure if it's got something to do with Jom social. Anyway, and pretty much stuck at the moment. However, it's not so bad because I know I'm not the only person having this problem, the kunena forum is experiencing exactly the same thing that is happening to me, I'm surprised they haven't done something about it.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by Oscarfishlover
Now this is strange, whilst googling, I found the message I posted yesterday on here. Whereas the title is not visible on the thread here, it is showing up on Google as you can see

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by teratyke
Doing a view source of the page, and a page on my site in 1.6.2 shows that the meta data is correct (in both 1.6.2 and 1.6.3). Google takes the meta data for its search results - or so it seems. The page title, however, which isn't part of the meta data, does not now reflect the thread subject.
If you look at my site, say this thread..
www.scottish-deerhound.com/forum/7-show-...hound-club-show-2011
and do a view source you can compare the results.

Maybe its by design, maybe its not such a problem? Although personally I like the page title to reflect the tread subject, even if it is just cosmetic.

Rob

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by Oscarfishlover
Thanks for the reply. Looking at the source code on some of the pages of your forum you will see that the Meta title tag corresponds with the title of the forum thread. However, if you look on my forum which is now 1.6.3, the source code meta title tag does not correspond. So in time would I be right in saying that all pages listed on Google will slowly change because they no longer exist on the forum, apart from in the thread itself, but not in the source code?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds