Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question removing the username display

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by [email protected]
Hi

love love love Kunena.

have setup a forum for a client of mine. People are registering on the website with username = email address.

when you click on someone profile is shows "Profile for Peter (email address)"

how can i remove the part in brackets i.e. showing there username, i just want to display their name.

peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by teratyke
Hi
I had a similar issue.
I think the settings you need to tweak are in the admin back end.

Here...

Components -> Kunena forum -> Forum Configuration -> Plug-ins
"Show Username" and "Show Real Name"

and also here...

Components -> Kunena forum -> Forum Configuration -> users
"Display User Name"

Hope this helps.
Rob

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by [email protected]
Hi Rob

thanks for the suggestions. I set Show Username (config->plugins) to No ... the other setting was already set.
has made no difference when you are viewing a users profile.

peter

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
If users register with the username of [email protected] then you've got a few issues.

Yes, it's possible for the forum to display a user's "real name" within the forum and (perhaps it's unfortunate) that by allowing this the profile view shows both the "real name" and the username. I also would agree with anyone who suggests that using a userlist plugin setting to control something that is not a userlist plugin feature is not a very elegant solution, either.

However, the fact of the matter, Peter, is that you have registered at www.kunena.org with the username [email protected] and you've proven your point. When we look at this topic we see the username and it's coincidence that your username is [probably] your email address, too.

So, to address your question,

[email protected] wrote:

when you click on someone profile is shows "Profile for Peter (email address)"

this is not, strictly speaking, true. What is actually shown is

Profile for <real-name> (<username>)

The actual solution is to change the username to something that is not a transliteration of a person's email address. This is a policy decision that you need to make. For example, this website does not have such a policy that prevents users registering with a username that may (or may not) bear a resemblance to an email address. Your username is an illustration of that point. However, this website does have a policy of refusing inappropriate usernames to be registered and we do enforce that policy. You could choose to develop a policy at your website that says "People who register with their email address as their usernames will have their privileges revoked."

Alternatively, you could change those registrations by hand and advise your members by e-mail of this fact. Either way, I'm sorry, but Kunena does not (at the moment) do what you want.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by [email protected]
Hi Sozzled

yep understand all that... the policy of the website in question is to have user register with their username as their email address.

I simply want to hide the (username), or prevent it from displaying when someone views a profile.

What i would like to know since the plugin option did not work. Is where in the code for this component would i find this display of real name (username), so that i can delete the code that displays the name

peter

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by [email protected]
btw using 1.6.2 Kunena

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds