Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena and Joomla 1.6 ACL, what's the final answer?

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by rockshox
I've looked through many many forums on here and I've read everything from "will be in 1.6.3" to "kunena 2.0 will be the first with native joomla 1.6 acl"...

I have a website on the backburner right now waiting on precisely this. I know I could pick up some other third party ACL's and make it work, but I'd rather just deal with the native joomla.

Could anyone shed some light... even a glimmer... on what version of kunena will support this? And if it is in fact 1.6.3... I've seen posts that say "soon" for that release.. "weeks" and so on.

I'm eternally grateful for the amazing product that all who have contributed have created. It's most definitely the best available. All I want is a general idea on the time line, if possible, so I know if I should continue to wait or look into going the third party route. Please don't take this some inconsiderate guy demanding that multiple people who contribute to an opensource product drop their lives and tirelessly hack away at a feature he wants. That's not the case at all, I'm just curious of current acl feature / ballpark timeline.

Again, thanks so very much for all you on the kunena team!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
The final answer? Well, of course, that depends entirely on the question.

If the question is "is there an ACL solution that works with Kunena, today?" I can say, unequivocally, the answer is yes.

K 2.0 will be the first version of Kunena that will fully utilise all of J 1.6's ACL features "natively".

The time frame for K 2.0 can be measured in weeks.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by larleuch
Nice !

But it looks like 3-4 weeks or more 30-40 weeks ?

Thanks for your Kunena 1.6.x it's so great !!!

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds