Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Is there an option to archive messages?

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by zevious
Hello,

I searched the forums to see if there was any information on this, but couldn't find anything.

I've got half a million messages in my forum and was wondering if there was a way to archive messages so they aren't in the main message table, but are available elsewhere, perhaps on the search page or something. The goal would be to shrink the size of the message table so it's not making huge multi-table joins all the time and slowing my site down. Since 95% of the views and searches users do are on the posts made in the past year, it'd be really nice to be able to archive the messages in another table to speed up queries, and thus the entire forum.

Is there a way to do this? I don't want to delete messages (I assume that's what "Prune Forums" means) - I want to keep them available for searching, and still associated with the categories in which they first appeared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
There are many ways to archive messages. If you look at this website you will see a number of "archive" categories that trace the origins of Kunena (and the discussions that we've had about them) over the past two years.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by zevious
But there aren't separate tables for those messages - if you're doing multi-table joins, wouldn't that not make much of an impact if they're just filed into different categories, if the message table still has all of the messages in it?

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds