Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Create Kunena user in Kunena database upon joomla registration

More
13 years 3 months ago #11 by sozzled
I'm sorry to disappoint you but let's establish the facts:

JomSocial and Community Builder are two Joomla extensions that are used to register users. It is possible for users to have JomSocial or Community Builder avatars whether or not your site uses Kunena. You see, it's possible to use JomSocial and Community Builder avatars with Kunena but these avatar images are completely independent of Kunena.

The Kunena user profile is created when a user first uses Kunena. Until that event happens, it's like the universe before the "big bang" - the Kunena user profile is without form and without substance.

In a nutshell, you can't do what you want to do with Kunena user profiles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #12 by Dalandau
So how can I create the big bang? :laugh:

There must be a function I could call. :dry:

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #13 by Dalandau
Users are created in kunenas database not only when they post, the user rows are created upon first kunena page visit.
So when a user opens the forum there is a function that creates his user row.

I am looking for that function.

And then I could call it in the module code before I parse his avatar from janrain to his kunena user avatar database field.

I want to recode that module to do the same that it does for CB and JS but for Kunena 1.6.
My problem is that I have nowhere to store the information because he isnt born yet in kunena.

I want to call the function that creates him before and then I will have somewhere to store his avatar from janrain
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Dalandau.

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds