Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena is not "registering" all my Joomla users

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by HRT222
Also, it says at the bottom of the forum, I have 706 members but in Jomsocial, I have 950? It use to be the same until I upgraded to the latest Kunena version yesterday.

Synchronize Users does nothing.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2 by readyman
Hey again guys. I have a small issue, every time a member registers at my site it does not count them all in Kunena. For example; I have 22 registered members on Joomla (including myself) and Kunena shows only 16 members are registered at the forums.

Does anyone know why?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by Scottux
Hello

Have you try with this menu ?

Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #4 by readyman
Yep, still it is not reading all my members that are registered in Joomla!.

As you can see here, this is an example...The first image is in the Kunena General Statistics area, and the second is on the frontpage of the board, also Kunena is showing the correct ammount of members in my userlist, it is simply not showing them on the boards frontpage.

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by readyman.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, readyman.

There are a few possible reasons for the discrepancy between the user counts.

One possible reason, that Scottlux has mentioned, is the user synchronisation issue - which we hope will become a thing of the past with K 2.0 (due for release in a few months time).

Another possibility is that your new users have not confirmed their registration. Sometimes the user counts don't synch. if a user has registered but hasn't posted anything on the forum. Lastly, it's possible that there might be a server caching issue in play. In effect, what I'm trying to suggest, is that you might need to be patient in order for the statistics to synch. one with the other. On the other hand, I could be blowing out a lot of hot air ... :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: readyman

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #6 by readyman
Cheers!

Okay, I am hoping it is not a server caching error :P

I will see if all the members have confirmed their accounts through my Joomla backend as well as pull the patience card to wait it out. I do have one question however, if a member does not confirm their account, will it still show up in Kunena's userlist (frontend and backend)?

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled
If a user has not confirmed their Joomla account, they will not appear as a Kunena user. It's a fairly simple rationale, really.

The Kunena user table maintains details of the information needed for the user to participate in the forum - including, for instance, whether they have a particular role to play (like forum moderation). These details are beyond the scope of the Joomla user table. Therefore if a user account has not been properly "credentialled", i.e. the account has not been enabled so that someone can login with it - then the Kunena registration (sic) is incomplete.

To be strictly literal, Kunena does not perform user registration as such.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #8 by readyman
cheers mate. I am looking into my Joomla backend as we speak and seeing if it is a user enabling issue. :)

All of my members have enabled their accounts according to Joomlas backend and Kunenas, so if there are any other ideas it would be awsome.

As I said, it doesnt show them on the forums frontpage, but it shows them in Kunenas backend and on my user list. If you look here and scroll down to where it shows the forum statistics, it shows 16 (maybe 17) registered members, but if you click the userlist link it shows all 26 members(or 27).

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by HRT222
Replied by HRT222 on topic Re: Cant Click Post Number?
In Kunena backend, under general stats, it says I have 900 members which is the same as Jomsocial but in the frontend of Kunena at the bottom, still says 700 members???

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by LukeDouglas

readyman wrote: cheers mate. I am looking into my Joomla backend as we speak and seeing if it is a user enabling issue. :)

All of my members have enabled their accounts according to Joomlas backend and Kunenas, so if there are any other ideas it would be awsome.

As I said, it doesnt show them on the forums frontpage, but it shows them in Kunenas backend and on my user list. If you look here and scroll down to where it shows the forum statistics, it shows 16 (maybe 17) registered members, but if you click the userlist link it shows all 26 members(or 27).

I have a similar problem but the userlist shows 3, there are 4 in the Kunena Component User Manager and I have 9 registered members in the Joomla user manager. I've deleted my cache, purge cache and synced Kunena but nothing gets added.

So if they are in the Joomla user manager but not in the Kunena user manager, then they will not be able to post to the forums. Is that correct?

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds