Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic] K 1.6 attachments: JFolder::create: Could not create directory

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by philiplardner
I am unable to upload/insert images in K1.6.0 using the Add file button - I get the following error:

* JFolder::create: Could not create directory
* Failed to upload file '': Failed to create directory to store your file.

If I knew where Kunena was trying to create the new subdirectory I could change the permissions for the parent directory to allow it. I have tried setting /www/images/ to 777 (including all sub-dirs) but without success.

Any help appreciated,

Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi Philip,

Kunena 1.6.x store all attachments in the folder

Joomla root / media / kunena / attachments /

Never change permissions to 777, with 775 upload will works well ;)

Regards
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by @quila.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by philiplardner
Thanks @quila - I tried setting this directory permissions to 775 but I'm still getting the same error message at the top of the page, and "Attachment Test-image.jpg not found" in the body oy the message that I am trying to insert the image into.

Philip.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by madLyfe
u have prolly not set your upload limit on images to be large enough.. by default the upload image limit is very small, like 125kb or something..

word up!

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #5 by philiplardner
No, I had already increased the max file upload size to 1000kb and also enabled the ftp layer in Joomla global config. Still no joy. Hmm...

...a few minutes later... Cracked it! 775 permissions on www/media/kunena/attachments was not enough. setting it to 777 solves the problem... but is this now a security risk?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by philiplardner.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
Our advice is that users should never set folder and/or file permissions above the Joomla recommended values (see Securing Kunena ).

It may also be appropriate to examine the ownership of these files (with a CHOWN to Apache).

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by tbarlow
Replied by tbarlow on topic File Attach
I am haveing a prob and I hope someone can help I am trying to attach a file to a post and I am geting this error

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Failed to upload file '': Failed to create directory to store your file.

how do I fix this I have a feeling that its a perm prob so wht fir do I have to open up or what do I do to fix this thanks

tbarlow

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
tbarlow: We're asked this question a few times and the information in this topic may be useful. I hope it's helpful for you, too.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tbarlow

More
12 years 10 months ago #9 by tbarlow
new prob

I got it to upload now but now when I send anything above say 9M it just goes to a blank page well not totly blank I get this

IndexRecent TopicsNew TopicNo RepliesMy TopicsProfileRulesHelpSearch AnnouncementsWelcome, adminLast Visit Date: 23 May 2011