Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How to disable email notifications to moderators for the moderated categories?

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by DanielComics
Hi there!
I just updated from Kunena 1.5 to Kunena 1.6.1.
It looks great! :woohoo:

But I can't understand if it is possible to stop the email notifications of new posts in moderated categories to moderators.

I unchecked the "Email Moderators" option in backend Configuration/Security but looks like it's not enough.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank U!
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, DanielComics, and welcome to Kunena.

Thanks for your appreciative comments. Let's see how we can try to help you sort out the problems that you appear to be having. First of all, could you provide us with a little more information.

(1) Your K 1.6 configuration report .

(2) A screen capture that shows all of the settings that you've applied to one of these "moderated categories" of which you speak.

When you write "email notifications" what, specifically, are we talking about? Are we talking about topics that the moderators have subscribed themselves to? Check to see if any of those topics (or any of the categories in which those topics were posted) were subscribed. We may be talking at cross-purposes. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanielComics

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #3 by DanielComics
Thank u very much sozzled!

No, we are not talking about subscriptions but about a category where the posts need to be approved by a moderator before they are published.
Every moderator receive an email notification every time a new message is posted in that category (me too/ Admin).

So, I'm trying now to give you the requested informations:

(1)
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : tatuatori_template | author: Tattoo | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 19.12.2009

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Enabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

(2)
It's in italian, sorry !!! :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor change to BBcode to improve clarification of the problems

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by DanielComics
Thanx for formatting my message!
Is there something wrong in the configuration? :dry:

:) Thx anyway.

Dan

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5 by moneymaker
Dear Sir,

I encountered the exact same problem but with Kunena 1.6.3 installed on Joomla 1.5.22 with Community Builder 1.4

Email notification always sending to both admin and moderator, but I already set not to do so.
How did you both fix it?

Just let me know the clue, so I can check it out.

Thanks in advance.
Woot

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #6 by rigkruger
Hello!

Was the problem solved?

I have the same issue as told above. All notifications are disabled, but still I recieve those damn e-mail!

PLS DEAL WITH THIS - OR TELL US HOW TO DO IT!

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Matias
Moderated categories send always emails to admins and moderators.

if you want to change that, go to components/com_kunena/funcs/post.php around line 203 (in K1.6.4):
Code:
$message->emailToSubscribers($LastPostUrl, $this->config->allowsubscriptions && ! $holdPost, $this->config->mailmod || $holdPost, $this->config->mailadmin || $holdPost);

and change it to:
Code:
$message->emailToSubscribers($LastPostUrl, $this->config->allowsubscriptions && ! $holdPost, $this->config->mailmod && $holdPost, $this->config->mailadmin && $holdPost);

This change should fix your issue.

We cannot do the change to the next release because of it is already in freeze (letting testers and translators to catch up).
The following user(s) said Thank You: bjassoc

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds