Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Can I register Kunena users separately from the rest of my website?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by Reinders
Hello,

To register to the Kumema forum of my website, new members now have to registrate to the Joomla registration of the entire site. But I want members to registrate separate for the Forum. Can you help me where I can find the settings for this?

Thanks, Uko
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve the relevance in searching

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by Oscarfishlover
You should have a login and register section at the top of your forum

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by Reinders
I mean at the backend. When I log in the Kuema forum, than the same login as my site is used. I have a login in which members should pay, but the forum I want to keep unpaid.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Kunena does not have a registration function. Kunena relies on whatever registration function you are using at your website. This isn't really a question about registration; it's actually a question about access control.

You can change the basis on which users access your forum in many different ways. One way you can change this is to use ACL software (search at the Joomla Extensions Directory for a list of products that deliver ACL functionality); ACL functionality will be implemented in Joomla 1.6.

Another way you can control access to Kunena is to use different Joomla user types. This is explained in more detail in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups .

Your users should have one login irrespective of whether you ask for payment to use different features at your website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reinders

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds