Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How to synchronize users - automatically

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by cho_mik
Hi!

Every time new user is created, it is missing on the user list in Kunena. I can synchronize the tables from administrator panel, but I would like it to be done automatically.

Is something missing in configuration or do I need to put some command into CRON to be executed every night i.e.?

Marcin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
This category is just for general discussions. If something is not working the way that it's supposed to then we need to move it to a support category. What version of Kunena are you having a problem with and, no, you don't need to run a CRON job.

Users have to login before their Joomla account is synchronised with a Kunena user profile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cho_mik

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by Matias
Kunena 1.6:

Synchronizing can be done automatically when users are saved (including registration). To be able to do that, you need to get new version of System - Kunena plugin (ask from sozzled, I will create package for him if he asks it).

This is really a support question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cho_mik

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by cho_mik
Thank you. Is new version of System plugin included in the latest release of Kunena (1.6)?

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by Matias
I need to discuss this with our team. Currently it's included in K1.7, but it should work unmodified in K1.6.0, too. It's not yet in K1.6.1 tree.. To get it into K1.6, we need to test it first.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by Al Duccino
I have the same problem with Kunena 1.6.1, any news about the plugin ?

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by emediately
Did anyone solve this issue?

I have J1.7 and K1.7 and the system plugin is enabled. However I need to synch users every time.

How can we set auto sync?

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by emediately
I need help with this too. Kunena developers, where are you? please help

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by Matias
Kunena System plugin (1.7.0) has all the code you need to do this, but as the code isn't tested too well, it's commented out.

plugins/system/kunena.php (J!1.5) or plugins/system/kunena/kunena.php (J!1.7) is the right place to look at it.

At the end of the file there are 2 functions that have been commented out by /* everything inside is comment */. All you need to do is to remove the two lines containing /* & */ and hope that it works. :) If it works, please report back so that we can enable the feature by default.

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by Al Duccino
I activated it, but my website won't be open to the public until a week. I'll let you know if everything works.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds