Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How do i show post count rank icons instead of moderator rank?

• Nihil
  • Nihil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #1 by Nihil
In 1.5 i found a setting to show the post count ranks instead of the moderator rank for my moderators. i can't figure out how to do that in 1.6. Can i get some help with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
There has been no change in K 1.6 from K 1.5 in this area. Please explain how you were able to make things work in K 1.5. I haven't heard of this before in any version of Kunena.

The moderator role is different to the moderator "rank"; the moderator rank doesn't do anything.

When you assign the moderator role to a user, the user inherits the moderator rank for the categories that they moderate. If a user is a global moderator, they will show with the moderator rank in all categories. If a user is a category moderator, they will show with the moderator rank only for those categories that they moderate; unless you changed their rank, category moderators will show with their "normal" rank in categories that they do not moderate.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by Matias
Kunena shows moderator rank only if user is moderator in current category. Everywhere else users are just regular users.

• Nihil
  • Nihil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #4 by Nihil
Maybe i'm using the wrong terms.

There's the ranks that show colored dots that indicate post count (rank manager). My moderators all have the 6 red dots (administrator), instead of their post count rank. i'd like to show their post count rank instead. i got that to work in 1.5, but can't figure out how to do it in 1.6.

i think there was a combination of settings that made it happen, but i can't remember it now. All of my admins had their post count rank showing, not there admin status. Which was great. i'd love to get it that way again. If i can't, oh well. :(

_-

i appear with the 6 red dots for Administrator. i am a global mod.

If "Is moderator" is YES, then i get red dots no matter what is selected in the categories (global or categories).

It appears that if i set it to NO, then i lose the moderate buttons despite whatever is selected in the Categories.

It never seems to remember what i selected in the categories anyway. Check boxes might be a better interface than the Ctrl-Click.

The only people with post count ranks showing are the non-moderators. Post count is there, but the rank dots are not.
TheGoal.bmp

RedDots.bmp

MyUserPanel.bmp

Can't upload screen shots without converting them... :(
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Nihil.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by Matias
Set rank manually. But you won't get post count by that..

We have fixed a few bugs in rank management, so maybe your feature was one of them..

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds