Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important PDF generation

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by Fizmatik
PDF generation was created by Fizmatik
Hello.
I've used pdf generator in Kunena 1.5. and this function had stayed enabled in 1.6.rc3, but I cann't find the link for it in the frontend now.
Where is it??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: PDF generation

Fizmatik wrote: Hello.
I've used pdf generator in Kunena 1.5. and this function had stayed enabled in 1.6.rc3 ...

No, there is a K 1.6 configuration setting called Enable PDF Creation but there is no corresponding function for it. We will probably receive this question a few times so I'll try to give you the best explanation that I can.

There wasn't enough time to build a PDF generation function for K 1.6 - too many other things happened. People can generate PDF output of their web pages in many ways without needing Joomla (or a Joomla extension) to do it for them. For example, there is printpdf for Firefox .

I'm sorry if this comes as a disappointment but that's my understanding of the facts: there is a configuration setting in K 1.6 but there isn't the functionality to go with it.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by Fizmatik
Replied by Fizmatik on topic Re: PDF generation
I see. Thank you

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by Fizmatik
Replied by Fizmatik on topic Re: PDF generation
I think you should remove this configuration setting to avoid such questions,shouldn't you?

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
I agree with you. This will be done eventually. It's not a very high priority issue at the moment.

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by Jessy
Replied by Jessy on topic Re: PDF generation
Hi,

I just upgraded from 1.5.9 to 1.6 and also found out that the PDF tool isn't working anymore; I can understand that fixing this hasn't a high priority, but the PDF tool seems to work fine in this forum over here; so is there a workaround?

Grtz,

Jessy

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by sozzled
Sorry. At the moment there isn't a fully reliable PDF generation function; there are currently a couple of minor issues regarding message sensitivity that need to be worked through. This is something that you will need to wait for a fix.

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: PDF generation
I believe that we have already fixed many of the issues with PDF.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by Jessy
Replied by Jessy on topic Re: PDF generation
Ok, but I still have a problem with it after migrating Kunena 1.5.9 to 1.6: in the Kunena 1.6 configuration I have enabled PDF creation (there's not more to it right?), but then in Internet Explorer 8 the Acrobat icon at the end of threads is not clickable and in FireFox 3.6.10 it is clickable, but when I click on it, I get an error message saying: "File does not begin with '%PDF-'"; then I can click on "Ok", but all I get is an empty black screen ...

More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: PDF generation
There is something which instroduce bad content in the pdf page and so acrobat can't open it. Maybe you have a plugin/components which alter the kunena pdf generation..

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds