Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question question about multiple languages support

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by ohlalala
I am wondering if the user choose differnet language. Will him be leaded to a completely different forum in that language, or just the same forum with UI item(menu, button, label) in that language?

Thank you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
Language only affects on the page translation, not to the forums themselves.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by ohlalala

Matias wrote: Language only affects on the page translation, not to the forums themselves.

I see. Is that possible that the language selection affect the forum categroies which the user can see?

For example, the forum will serve 3 different countries/languages people, say A, B, C. The forum has 3 different sets of categories in those languages correspondently. Once a user of A selected the language A, can he only see those categories in the language A?

Or is it possible for one Joomla installation to have multiple Kunena instances?

I am thinking about how to provide the forum for different language users and to serve them better.

Thank you for any suggestions!

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled

ohlalala wrote: I see. Is that possible that the language selection affect the forum categroies which the user can see?

Not in this current version of Kunena [K 1.6] sorry

ohlalala wrote: Or is it possible for one Joomla installation to have multiple Kunena instances?

Not in this current version of Kunena [K 1.6] sorry. See [Merged topic] Multiple forums on one site?

ohlalala wrote: I am thinking about how to provide the forum for different language users and to serve them better.

If you want to serve them best, allow them to see the discussions in the different categories, just like we have done here at Kunena.com. If you really need to separate these people on the basis of their language then you could have separate websites, sub-domains of your domain. For example:
  • your-domain as the main site that has a pull-down to allow visitors to get to one of your language-specific sites:
    • en.your-domain for the English speakers
    • fr.your-domain for the French speakers
    • xx.your-domain for some other language
That's how most multinational dot-coms work.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by Matias
We are moving towards better support for different category sets for different users. This is good idea to be considered while developing those features.

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by MarkBoy81

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds