Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Banned user not received notification

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by jodancer
Hi,
Maybe I'm missing something here but I have tried a few bans on a test user and this user does not get any notication email message or when logged in nothing shows up about a ban or warning. I want to give say 5 warnings to a user and then ban then for a certain ammount of time but if they do not know they have been banned or warned it's a bit difficult.
Have I missed something or am I doing something wrong?
If not, Could I use community builder or joomsocial for this purpose?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
In the simplest of terms, this is not a standard feature of Kunena and it is unlikely to be a feature of Kunena in the near future. I'm sure that it's possible to implement a warning system along the lines that suggested but, in reality, you may be serving better your community if you simply eliminate nuisances without warning.

Spam posters are a classic example of nuisances for whom warnings have no corrective benefit. There is simply no point trying to engage with spam posters. Warning them does not act as a deterrent to change their behaviour; in fact it's more likely to have the completely opposite effect.

These are only my opinions, of course. If enough users are willing to support a multi-level warning system then the need can be catered to. I would also imagine that a cash incentive will encourage the construction of this feature sooner rather than later. ;)

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by jodancer
Thanks for your reply and I do agree on most things!
I always ban and delete spammers without any warning :evil: but sometimes a user may insult or continually write in CAPITALS which I HATE!!! This sort of thing is what I need it for.
Anyone else needing this and willing to collaborate? :whistle:

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Although a little off-topic to this discussion, there are a million ways that you can attend to this without having to find a technical solution to address what is basically a human problem.

Users who need to have their behaviour corrected can be managed quite effectively in many subtle ways. For example, you could have a rules page - Kunena already delivers the mechanism to do that now - in which you can summarise the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct that you expect of your users. The Code of Conduct can state, in very clear terms, something like the following conditions:

"We reserve the right to close or remove discussions posted at this site (or any parts thereof) for any or no reason whatsoever. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to report the post to the moderation team. We have the ability to close discussions or remove objectionable messages (and we will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame) if we determine that such action is necessary. Although we may close or delete topics (or individual postings in them), we reserve the right not to do so, at our sole discretion, and make no warranty regarding the performance of our staff in monitoring and removing material posted on this forum.

"By registering you agree and understand that this web site is owned by the authors/providers, and that you have no rights whatsoever to use this forum, except at the sole discretion of the owner. And, that at any given time, for any or no reason whatsoever, your account can be terminated for inappropriate behaviour."

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds