Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How can I delete Profile tab?

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by Syrotyuk
The target is not to allow users to change their profile data: passwords and user names.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
I think you set Login Integration = None

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by Syrotyuk
It concerns only the login.
May I disable users from the changing of the rest information in Profile, as e-mail, name and password...?
Thank you in advance!

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled

Syrotyuk wrote: May I disable users from the changing of the rest information in Profile, as e-mail, name and password ...?

You can prevent Username change but why do you want to prevent email or password changes? What if the user changes their email service or what if the user, believing that their account may be compromised, be denied the ability to change their password? This last matter, in particular, goes against best-practice in security.

The short answer to the question about feasibility is no, not unless you are prepared to hack the source code.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by Syrotyuk
Only registered users have access to the forum.And there is another procedure of changing data.
I would be very appreciated if you give a tip about exactly where the source code hacks.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
The benefit of an open-source product like Kunena is that users can adapt and modify the source code any way they like. We cannot promise that we will always be able to help you in that task, if that is what you choose to do.

Our recommendation is for you to construct your own template to hide certain things, like being able to edit a user's profile. In building your own template you "future-proof" your Kunena so that you do not lose those customised changes when you need to upgrade. Documentation about how to build your own template is currently being developed and you will find it in the Wiki companion site: docs.kunena.com
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds