Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Restricted forums

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by PAUSIMS
Restricted forums was created by PAUSIMS
Hi everyone,

In my forum I have some special users and I'd like to have a private forum for them to discuss. I had the "control" extension in another Joomla installation and it worked for me, but now I see this extension is discontinued because of Joomla 1.6's new rank management system.

However, I don't plan to migrate to Joomla 1.6 yet, and I'd like this function as soon as possible. I'm not sure where to get the control component anymore or if it's compatible with Kunena 1.6

Thanks in advance!

Pau

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Hurr1c4n3
Replied by Hurr1c4n3 on topic Re: Restricted forums
You can just make new categories and set them to special access (publisher, administrator and so on) and not to registered. No problem. Then all you're members that have a special status can access those categories an the normal registered members can't.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by PAUSIMS
Replied by PAUSIMS on topic Re: Restricted forums
Hi Hurr1c4n3,

I'm sorry, I didn't explain well what I meant with "special users", I just mean they have a "creator" rank but I don't want them to be a publisher or an administrator.

I just want access to certain categories for certain registered users, and as I explained in my post above I used to manage that in my old Joomla! websites with a component called Control but it seems to be discontinued and I neither know if this method is compatible with Joomla 1.6

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Restricted forums
then no pausims this is not possible without joomla 1.6 acls and even then wont be able to use this until about k1.7 when it is intergrated with kunena..

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by PAUSIMS
Replied by PAUSIMS on topic Re: Restricted forums
Hi Cerberus,

Thanks for your answer.

I've discovered that I have an old version of Control saved in my HD. By using this component it looks like I'll be able to create the Joomla groups, but I don't know if just by syncing the users after creating a new group it'll work with Kunena 1.6 or if that function is no longer possible.

Thanks!

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Restricted forums
i have no idea try it mate and let us know if it works :) attach that package here and even if it doesnt work i may be able to modify it so it does :)

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds