Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena 1.6 RC2

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by MAW_Trok
Kunena 1.6 RC2 was created by MAW_Trok
Is there a release date of Kunena 1.6 RC2? I need to upgrade my forum and use the module kunenalatest.

Thanks devs!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by MAW_Trok
Replied by MAW_Trok on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 RC2
Please admin, can I have a link for download the kunena RC2? I will upgrade when you'll release new fix, but at moment I need this version for use the kunenalatest module.

Thanks!

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #3 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 RC2
Hi,

We understand that a lot of people are waiting for the RC2.

The reason we have not published it, is because this will be the final release candidate before stable. Right now we are working on all modules and plugins and we had to make minor adjustments here and there. We will not release the RC2 before that process is done. We welcome anybody who wants to contribute but we will not rush this.

Unfortunately all of this OpenSource work is funded by free time of all our contributors that all have family and jobs to make their living. There are no hard dates we publish due to that.

The reason you need the RC2 of Kunena for the RC2 of that module is exactly the reason why we have not published either.

Thanks for your understanding.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by fxstein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: komora

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by WoodysGamertag
Replied by WoodysGamertag on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 RC2
I see that this was answered and as a guy that's been writing code for over a decade I understand that you don't want to give out a date.

However, I sure would like some kind of hint. Early next week?

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 RC2
Yes we are getting very close. Kunena itself is pretty much ready for RC2.

We are only holding back, as we want to make sure we don't find anything we need to change for the modules and plugins. You can see the Module test page in the Playground section of the site. These modules all use a lot more Kunena functionality than ever before. As such integration and configuration of them needs to be tightly coupled with Kunena. We have made some minor extensions to our API because of that.

I hope we can close this out in a couple more days.

Thx!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds