Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question I am planning to bulit a forum(100 categories, 1000 sub forums).How i arrange kunena to do this?

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Eranda
I am planning to bulit a forum(About 1000 sub forums).How i arrange kunena to do this?

I m planning to start a forum for All the IT Guys and Management Guys.

1->IT
1.1->programming
1.1.1->java
1.1.2->.net

1.2->Networking
1.2.1->CISCO
1.2.2->Microsoft

1.3->Hardware
1.3.1->CISCO
1.3.2->Microsoft

2->Management
2.1->Planning
2.1.1->Architectural
2.2->Financial
2.1.1-> Personal
2.1.2-> Corporate

above,
x-categories (eg - 1 , 2 ....)
x.x- categories (eg - 1.1 , 1.2 ..)
x.x.x-forums (eg - 1.1.1 , 1.1.2 ....)
x.x.x.x -Sub Forums

1).If this grows like a tree as above.Will kunena still be supported ?
2).Anything you want to mention about this sets of forums ?
-Easy ways and what i have to focus when handling large set of categories/subforums?

Please explain in details.(Please explain in details)

Thank You!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is a very good question. The technical answer to this question is that you can organise your discussion forum, in the way that you have described it, with Kunena. The technical details involved in doing this are: You can organise your discussion forums any way you like, more or less, but you will need to have a team of moderators always on hand to make sure that messages posted to your forum are properly categorised according to your specific structure. The more complicated that you make the structure, the more need you will have for this additional forum administration overhead.

It will be very interesting to see how your project develops. I hope that you will keep us informed of your progress.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Eranda
Thanks sozzled.Much needed info.I am going through them.

Actually i have made it with phpbb3.But i am a joomla lover + it is very easy to integrate it with joomla.Even phpbb3 has a lot of features we made our mind to go with kunena.

It's nice to hear that kunena's ability of handling that much of forums !!!

1.What version should i use?Can i directly start it with 1.6 ?

2.Can't i give moderator of each forum to make sub-forums as they like,But without logging to the backend.(Bcz i am not an expertise in all areas)

3.Can u tell about the exact release date of stable kunena 1.6 and stable joomla 1.6 ? (So i can plan very well)

Thank You !!

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replies to your questions

1. (a) 1.6 (b) Yes
2. (a) Yes (b) No
3. (a) No (b) No - Joomla 1.6 is nothing to do with this website; please ask that question at forum.joomla.org

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Eranda
1.But even without a stable release of kunena 1.6 should i start with it ?:(
(I think Kunena 1.6 has minor issues even in RCs)

2.Can i upgrade 1.5 -> 1.6 ?

Please confirm with some details !

Thank you Again ! :)

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Answers:

1. Yes
2. Yes

What other details do you need to know at this stage?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by Eranda
We have installed kunena 1.5.12 before i asked the question from you(what version we should install)

Even i have installed 1.6 successfully How can i remove all kunena contents from my hosting space (All kunena 1.5 related things that, kunena 1.6 backup-ed before it installs new 1.6 RC1)?.Then i want to install a fresh 1.6.

Thank you indeed !

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by Matias
I wouldn't try to remove K1.5 stuff by hand if I don't know that I'm doing. If you do, that's the different matter. We will later offer a way to remove all old data, but it won't be available before K1.6 is stable.

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds