Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Mootools plugin issue after Joomla upgrade

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by fxstein
If you are having issues with mootools (e.g. bbcode editor toolbar is missing) AFTER you upgraded your existing Joomla install from pre 1.5.19 to that or any newer install, it is most likely due to an incomplete joomla upgrade.

When you upgrade your joomla version via any of the supported file upgrade steps:

docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_1.5_from_an_existing_1.5x_version

You also have to make sure you logout your admin user and login again. Only then will Joomla perform additional upgrade steps like the installation of the mtupgrade plugin needed for the mootools 1.2.4 support that Kunena 1.6 requires.

So if you are on Joomla 1.5.19 or newer and don't see "System - Mootools Upgrade" it is due to the fact that no new admin login has been performed since.

Do not install this plugin from any other sources, but make sure you log out your admin user and log back in. After that you should be able to find the "System - Mootools Upgrade" plugin inside your plugin manager. Make sure it is enabled.

I just ran into this very same issue on one of my sites and I was finally able to reproduce some of these reported mootools issues caused by this missing upgrade step. Unfortunately the Joomla install descriptions do not list this as a necessary step.

Hope this helps!

FYI: Rocketheme's Versatility III template will work perfectly fine with the new mootools upgrade. :woohoo:

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armored Warriors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Armored Warriors
i don't show the bar of bbcode and the smiles don't works, how can I solve?
i use joomla 1.15.19
thx

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by sozzled
I have incorporated some of fxstein's tips in Mootools 1.2.4 in the Wiki.

@Armored Warriors: you may also find this discussion may provide some assistance: [Merged topic] BB Code menu missing

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #4 by Mindvision
Hi

I have tried everything I can find to solve this issue without success.

Everything seems to work as expected except that users cannot edit their profiles.

This is what I have tried so far:

Turned off all modules
Turned off all components
Turned off all plugins (except new MooTools Upgrade plugin)
Changed the template to standard Joomla install

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I'm running latest Joomla 1.5.20
Kunena 1.6 R2
www.malmesbury.com

Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Mindvision. Reason: Added screen grab - JPG this time :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, Mindvision, and welcome to Kunena.

Have you enabled Javascript in your web browser? :dry:

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by Mindvision
Hello, that was quick.

Yes, I have Javascript running on other areas of the site and my browser is Javascript enabled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by Mindvision
Just to add that the MooTools plugin seems to be being called correctly.

I used FireBug to display Javascript as follows:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js"></script>

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #8 by fxstein
can you provide a test login/account?

Need to see the profile page, as the rest of the forum looks fine - without being logged in.

You can post the information here and use the
This message contains confidential information

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by Mindvision
Hi

Yes, all does seem fine everywhere else which is odd. I'm guessing that the problem could be a MooTools clash but can't find where.

The details are below:

This message contains confidential information

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
I counted over a dozen Javascript libraries loaded on your web page

This from the JCE support forum:

JCE Utilities is an optional plugin that provides inline popup functionality for the frontend and is a companion product to JCE and not required for its editing functionality - www.joomlacontenteditor.net/jceutilities.html

If you don't need it, you can uninstall or disable it.

(source: www.joomlacontenteditor.net/forum/topic?t=12314 )

From what I could tell at the swmenuPRO site, their menu looks to be using some proprietary form of Mootools 1.11 and jQuery 1.2.6 which we already know are going to conflict with Mootools 1.2.4.

I could look at the other .js libraries on your website but I think you'll find that most of the problems are caused by the template that you're using and the modules that you've loaded with it.

Javascript conflicts are going to come from one of five possible sources (in descending order of likelihood)

(1) a module
(2) a plugin
(3) a template
(4) a language
(5) a component

Because Kunena is the only component loaded on your web page we can safely eliminate that one. Because en-GB is the language installed on your website, that's also a fairly safe bet, too.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds