Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Idea Same URLs after upgrading from K 1.5 to K 1.6?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by jeff_j_dunlap
Will a forum that is upgraded from K 1.5 to K 1.6 keep the same URLs for menu items as well as forum messages?

Joomla SEO Settings

- Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
- Apache Mod Rewrite: Yes
- Add Suffix to URLs: Yes

Thank you

P.S. The following is a bit off topic to my question but gives the reason for my concern. I have a different Joomla site that was using SmartSEF but due to some problems, I migrated to Joomla's native SEF. Before doing this, I carefully preplanned the transition, making a list of all the URLs with decent pagerank and after uninstalling SmartSEF and enabling Joomla's SEF, I 301 redirected my old URLs to the new URLs and even so, lost all of my pagerank.

Here is an example of a page that had pagerank and now the page has no pagerank (even though you can see the 301 redirect in action, which google suggests you do when changing URLs):

Old SmartSEF URL:
www.postales-apasionadas.com/poemas/novios.html

Flawlessly 301 redirects to New Joomla URL:
www.postales-apasionadas.com/poemas-de-amor-en-espanol.html

This was update was done I believe, about 6 months ago.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by jeff_j_dunlap. Reason: clearification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Matias
Kunena 1.6 will use custom menu aliases, but you can rename them to be the same (if they are not). But even if you end up using the new names, Kuenna will still accept most of the old URLs. I've never actually tested this, but if should work.

Please note that we are using Joomla menus to show our own menu. So to avoid issues, I would first play with K1.6 in test environment -- copy your production environment and look how it works for you and if you need some help from us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds