Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Using the latest version on a live website

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I wonder how many people have now taken the bull by the horns and are using the latest software on their live website? I would love to take the plunge but I'm still a little wary.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Of course you should be wary and users should be particularly careful if they have not first experimented with K 1.6 in a test environment. The only thing that I can say to you, and others reading this topic, is to read Kunena 1.6 - I did it my way!

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by John
I'm using the latest version on my live site. I use a test environment to tryout updates/upgrades before installing them on my live site.

Best advise i can give you: Backup your livesite, copy to a test environment, test the new install/upgrade, backup live site again...roll out the changes.

You get the point, better save than sorry....Backup!

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by Baze
I used the beta1 and now the rc on a live site with 5000 users

i had problem with the beta version and the [img size] strings in posts, got it sorted after removing the size strings from the post, and i have no idea what caused the problem. Other than that, everything's fine and i (and the users) love the new version.

if you know how to sort out small issues (change some code, style, follow instructions..) go for it, but as John said, BACKUP first ;)

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Oscarfishlover
The problem is, I'm having such a hard time with the forum menu, I'm not going to upgrade until I can get that sorted out. Very very frustrating

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by Baze
What's with the menu?

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
Please keep to the topic. I am very familiar with the numerous problems that people reported during the earlier days of K 1.6 and, yes, I expect that we will continue to have problems reported about K 1.6 RC1 (and with all later versions that come after it, too). There will be many discussions about problems but this topic is not the place to go into those details.

I understand Oscarfishlover's frustration. Do you know that I had to could not do any testing work for a week or so because we could not understand why why I could not upgrade? For nearly 2 years I have never had a problem installing any software on my server and, for the first time, I hit some "snag". However, I was confident that, with the help from other members of this community, I would sort out the problem ... and we did! I am confident that we will sort out Oscarfishlover's problem(s), too ... as long as Oscarfishlover remains confident and has patience and perseverance.

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by mindriot
I just put 1.6 RC1 live on our site (70 odd users and 7000+ posts), went without a hitch really, slapped a template on top of it from templatekunena and its working great, the users are already much happier with it than the previous version.

Very happy I made the jump, will now be happy to use it on any other site.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds