Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question site template vs kunena

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by cbrace
Hi all,

I have installed a new custom template on my Joomla site. Alas, some of the layout attributes are interfering with the way Kunena looks.

At some point I need to get better acquainted with the Kunena template, and I will probably start with this thread here: The 5 minute quick and dirty Kunena 1.6 template but for the time being I need a way of disabling my site-wide template under Kunena. Is there an easy way to do this?

I have the 1.6 beta installed.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Cerberus
use firefox and firebug, just add !important to the css rules in the kunena css file to the one that must not be overridden by the joomla css. :)

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: site template vs kunena
When we've got "less dirty" advice we'll make sure that we will share the information with all K 1.6 users - and before that happens, K 1.6 needs to stabilise and settle down a bit more.

In the meantime, while we're trying to put together a condensed, quick tutorial on the mysteries of Cascading Style Sheets and how to approach changing the look of your website - does such a quick tutorial even exist on the internet? - we recommend that you invest more of your time in learning about Firebug for Firefox.

BTW - if anyone knows of the 5-minute quick-and-dirty guide to using Firebug for Firefox, a novice's guide to CSS and understanding why your Joomla site template's CSS override the CSS used by other Joomla extensions, we'd be very grateful if you would post your suggestions to this thread in order to help the user who started the topic. Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4 by Cerberus
CSS Javasript and Xhtml Explained - Firebug Tutorial:

Simple Tutorial:

Quick and Easy CSS Development With Firebug

Extensive Tutorial:

Introduction To Firebug

Video Titorial:

[video size= width=425 height=344 type=youtube]FsX6qwQqGgQ[/video]

Reason joomla overrides other style sheets:

joomla's style sheet override all other because of the way joomla is coded, it is designed to load the joomla css file LAST so that if the rule name is same in the say kunena css file and is not marked with the !important flag ( background-color: #FFF !important; ) then the information is taken form teh last loaded css file and in our case is the joomla one. :) hope that helps explain matter better :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Cerberus.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds