Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Support IE?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by MAW_Trok
Support IE? was created by MAW_Trok
Why Internet Explorer is totally not considerated on development of kunena! The K1.6 work very very bad with IE. Now I have also a problem in quick reply... doesn't work...... This is a bad situation if you consider that many user have IE and don't want change browser.... So do you think that I should change board and migrate on another board?? :(
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MAW_Trok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by MAW_Trok
And why with your forum the template works Ok with IE and if I use the default template on my site doesn't work. Can I have the css edited for work with IE? thanks
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MAW_Trok.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by roland76
Hello,

target is to get K1.6 works with IE7 and higher... :laugh:

So let the devs some time to solve the open issues with IE... :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by Cerberus
IE8 is totaly supported by K1.6 there are still a few issues in K1.6 that are causing problems but that why there is a BETA version of it to work through these final issues.

The kunena CSS fully works with IE8, i have personaly worked with the devs to make sure of this as it is my own browser of choice.

Rather than try to belittle the work of the devs here by making completely untrue statements, why dont you actualy try and help the community by giving propper issue reports so that if you have found an actual issue, then it can be descussed and fixed. BUT as of this moment with the current beta1 that is out for public release the only CSS issue that i know of are FF related, and i have given the devs ways to solve them in the testers forums.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by MAW_Trok
I found more than 5 bugs with IE8 :-( let me wait for the stable version... is the better way :-D

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by etusha
I think because most of developers use Linux

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by fxstein
IE is supported. It just happens that IE7 and IE8 need a lot of work arounds because of the bugs inherent in them.

If you find bugs, please list them and we will work with you on fixing them.

You generic statements like not supported, or 5 bugs are of no use to anybody.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by MAW_Trok

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
MAW_Trok: Please do not create topic subjects written in all capitals. It's bad 'netiquette because it looks like you are shouting ... and I have sensitive ears ... :laugh:

As you see from fxstein's message, the intention is to ensure that K 1.6 works with IE 7 and IE 8 (and probably IE 9 when it eventually sees daylight) but there will always be problems with Internet Explorer and there will be bigger problems for users of older versions of Internet Explorer (like IE 6 or IE 4.5). So, as a general statement, the design plans for K 1.6 are to make it operate with IE 7 and IE 8 (but not, specifically, for any other versions).

This reasoning has nothing to do with whether the developers prefer to work with Linux, or White Leopard, or the Spotted Zebra operating systems. It's simply not possible these days to develop internet software that works 100% with every flavour of web browser that user may have and, especially, when you only have a small development team trying to build that software. Therefore, the decision about which browsers to "support" is largely dictated by market forces (i.e. what are the 5 or 6 most commonly used browsers in the world today ) and to develop for a selected few.

The question has been answered. K 1.6 will operate with Internet Explorer (although there are a few problems with it at the present moment) so let's stop this finger-pointing exercise and get on with fixing the problems. OK? B)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by MAW_Trok
Ok

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds