Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question BBCODE url and target=_self

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by iLucato
Hi folks, I've noticed that every time I use the URL bbcode, it opens in a new window/tab. Is that possible to make it to open in the same window? I mean by typing something like:
Code:
[url=www.mydomain.com target=_self]Click here[/url]

Is there some way to achieve something like that to open up the URL in the same window?

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
You have to understand that BBcode is not a straight replacement for HTML and so most of the BBcode tags do not have equivalent HTML tag keywords (like target=...). You can't simply change "angle" brackets < ... > into square ones [ ... ]

Different browsers also behave differently, too - IE8 is a big exception to the common rule - and how HTML works for one browser may not work the same way for different one that your users might be using.

There is a way you can change this behaviour but it requires hacking the file ../components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.link.class.php - don't ask me which particular line of code you have to change because I don't have the time to look for it.

Speaking personally, I prefer the way that links in Kunena posts open in a new browser tab/window. B)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3 by iLucato
I see, they need a kind of "encoder/decoder/interpreter/whatever" I forgot the right term of it when we close a binary code to transform into an executable file for example. :0)

Well, by giving a look into the mentioned file with my "huuuuge knowledge in PHP" :0) I didn't find any fimilar that would be for the URL braket and target as blank to remove it.

Well, that's ok. Let's keep it as it. If somebody else have free time to dig into it, feel free to post the solution later. ;0)

Thanks buddy,
Have a nice weekend.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by iLucato.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds