Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #781 by sozzled
You have a line in your site template that reads as follows:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/elegant/js/mootools.svn.js"></script>
I thought that this might have been the reason that you cannot use Mootool 1.2.4 on your website. The problem could be somewhere else. I still think that the problem is caused by your site template (or something added by your site template). You might like to look through this topic for other hints/clues/suggestions about your problem. Does that seem like a good idea to you?

I would advise you to remove the line I've shown you from your site template, test and try again.

Do you have a test site?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #782 by thiru_ch
Replied by thiru_ch on topic bbcode is not working
i am using joomla 1.5.20 and kunena 1.6.2. when i try to create new topic the bbcode is missing in my forum.

my forum screen is

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : face | author: Mirko Schwarz | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: 20.09.2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2)

how to rectify this problem
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by thiru_ch.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #783 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: bbcode is not working
Thank you, thiru_ch, for your question. You posted your question as a new topic. We understand your problem. There is no need to create new topics for the same question.

Please see my last posting to you (msg #741 )

Your problem is caused by a Joomla extension that you are using that loads its own Javascript library. The Javascript library associated with the Joomla extension that you are using is stopping Kunena from working. That's the cause of the problem. That's what this discussion topic is all about. That's the message that we have been trying to tell you.

The solution is to remove the Joomla extension (or extensions - there may be more than one) that you are using that is (or are) interfering with Kunena.

You have a lot of Joomla extensions on your website. I don't know which one, or which ones, are causing the problem.
More
13 years 2 months ago #784 by thiru_ch
Replied by thiru_ch on topic Re: bbcode is not working
hi sozzled thank you for ur suggestion. i uninstalled all unnecesary extensions in my site and i also reinstalled kunene 1.6.2. but the problem is still continuing.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #785 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: bbcode is not working

thiru_ch wrote: hi sozzled thank you for ur suggestion. i uninstalled all unnecesary extensions in my site and i also reinstalled kunene 1.6.2. but the problem is still continuing.

I looked at your website/forum ( www.myreadingroom.co.in/forum.html ). You now have 9 Javascript libraries (instead of the 12 that you had before) and Kunena uses 3 of those. Therefore you have not uninstalled everything that is unnecessary. That is, you have not uninstalled everything that is unnecessary as far as Kunena is concerned.

Read what I have written dozens of times in this topic. Create a test site with just K 1.6.2 and J! 1.5.22 and you will find that everything works. The "trick" to solving this problem is to find out what else you've added that has stopped things working. Do you understand what you have to do?

Please read through this discussion topic. It will take you a long while, I know, but really there is a lot in this discussion topic that will help you.

Reinstalling Kunena is probably not going to solve this problem. Why? Because the problem is not a Kunena problem.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #786 by daviddmf
Finally eureka! problem solved. It was a plugin yes :blush: a plugin which I must have overlooked and it is called system-myAppiConnect not exactly sure what its function is but I think it enables one to connect with facebook. At lest I hope it is nothing important. Thank you for you help it has enabled me to clear up a lot of clutter too so you help wasn't in vain and I learned something new about the Kunena team and Australia so well pleased.

Found this on the joomla forum:

"myapiConnect plugin 2 Weeks, 6 Days ago
Hello, I just started using your great extension. I am happy to see a free extension doing the trick with facebook connect.

Well it is good but it could be better.

I am using joomgallery 1.5.6 and ARTIO JoomSEF 3.7.6. I set the option to sef direct path to images for SEO reasons.

As an effect, sef-ed images stopped showing up. I looked around and found out that the myapiConnect plugin is causing the problem.
I didn't have enough time to look closer at the source code of that plugin, but fact is when disabled images from joomgallery are showing up."

Thank you!:)
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by daviddmf.
More
13 years 2 months ago #787 by thiru_ch
Replied by thiru_ch on topic BBcode problem is cleared
hi sozzled,
thank you for ur support. i cleared the BBcode problem by traile and error and finally i find the problem in a plugin which conflict with mootools.so i make it disable then the BBcode is working.

thank you very much for ur help:)
More
13 years 2 months ago #788 by Chelsea FC
Replied by Chelsea FC on topic No Boardcode

Hi, i have a Problem with the Boardcode in Kunena. Joomla 1.5.22 and Kunena 1.6.2.

My Website
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If i use the default Joomla Template, all Modules and Pluginns off, still no Boardcode.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 60M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : ja_teline_iv | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.2 | creationdate: 29 Dec 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.3) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

i use legacy Mode for Joomleague comp. But this is not the Problem.

Please Help.

Thanks
Attachments:
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #789 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: No Boardcode

Chelsea FC wrote: i use legacy Mode for Joomleague comp. But this is not the Problem.

It really doesn't matter how many different ways people try to avoid the issue, Legacy mode is always a problem.

K 1.6.2 has not been tested with Joomla 1.5 running in legacy mode .

Your "no boardcode" issue is caused because you have a Joomla extension that has loaded a Javascript library that conflicts with Mootools 1.2.4 . I cannot determine how many Javascript libraries you are using because you have some Javascript/CSS compressor/obfuscation software running on your website and, in all likelihood, it is that "legacy mode" software that is causing the problem.

Your website does not use one of the the "default" Joomla templates (you are using a JoomlArt ja_teline_iv template). You have some Javascript/CSS plugin enabled that prevents us seeing the source code on your website. You probably have other software enabled, too, that you have not investigated as a possible cause of this Mootools conflict. I hope my observations help you to find what you are looking for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelsea FC
More
13 years 2 months ago #790 by Chelsea FC
Thank you.

1 Week ago i tries the Joomla default Template, no Mudules and pluginn and not legacy mode. still same problem. I got the tipps from the german Kunena Forum. i try without legacy mode again and try to delete some stuff.
Time to create page: 0.540 seconds