Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Online Status Report

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I would have thought that it would have been a good idea to try and do something about the online status report. At the moment it's telling me there are over 10,000 guests and 13 Members online. I know this software is popular, but I seriously doubt the validity of this figure. If it is grossly over exaggerating the amount of people we have online, what is the point of having it?

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Online Status Report
Thanks, mate. This seems to be an issue that the developers are aware of. I am confident that the matter will be attended to before K 1.6 goes "final". B)

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Online Status Report
Please compare against the Joomla who is online module. We are taking the data from there and are intending to mirror to that display. Check the Joomla module on our home page.

You can argue if the Joomla session display is accurate, but we will follow and use it to be consistent. If Joomla adjusts its algorithm, it will automatically show in Kunena. It is important that the numbers are identical and that we don't implement a one off way of counting differently.

We still have a little issue as the Kunena display counts less members than Joomla does. This is because of a difference in what we query and we are going to fix that.

You can try this on your own site. Enable the Joomla who is online module on your site and the numbers should ultimately match. There is a regression in the beta 1 that is going to get fixed.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #4 by Oscarfishlover
I am using the dwhosonline module on my Oscar fish site and this seems to be a little bit more believable than the one that comes with Joomla, that one just goes mad sometimes and ends up telling you you have several hundred guests online. However dwhosonline did tell me the other day that I had over 700 guests online. But normally I would say it isn't giving me too much of an suspicious reading. I'm wondering whether it is actually registers a new visitor when they first enter the website and then when they move through the pages it is doing the same every time. So if you have got 20 people online, and they visit 10 pages, that could add up to quite a lot of new visitors. That is the only way I can think of why it registers such a lot of people online at one time. I don't think we are in a minority, some of the standalone forums seem to be doing exactly the same thing.

I use both awstats and Google analytics on the site and they both pretty much tally up and give me much the same statistics for the day. So if I see 700 people online at one time, I would expect the daily visitor count to vastly exceed the day before for instance.

I can see that the online guest count on the home page & the forum pretty much match up. However, it states there are 47 members online on the home page, and 13 members online on the forum. I sometimes get the same thing on my website. Sometimes it is telling me somebody is signed in on the home page, when you look on the forum you can't see them. However, if somebody signs in on the home page, but don't enter the forum, maybe it won't show them on the forum?

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds