Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Do you have to modify the database?

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
Upgrading 1.5 is very easy, you just install the new version without uninstalling the old version. However, I have not been able to successfully upload 1.6 onto a website containing 1.5 and install it properly. Suggestions?

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, mate. Upgrading to K 1.6 is just like installing a new version of K 1.5.x: you install without uninstalling anything. However, you really need to understand what a K 1.6 site looks like before you tear off into upgrading your existing K 1.5 site. Therefore, I recommend you create a test site using your live forum data in order to familiarise yourself with what K 1.6 is about and to prove the feasibility of the upgrade process without placing your real site at risk.

After you've satisfied yourself that you know what's involved in upgrading K 1.6, you need to quarantine your live site (stop your users from posting messages to it), back it up, install K 1.6 and test things out before allowing your users back onto it again. If your post-installation checks show that K 1.6 works with your real, live website then you're all done ... otherwise you'll have to restore your site from the backup you made earlier.

Let us know how you get along. If you continue to strike snags with the K 1.6 conversion/upgrade then tell us what those problems were. I also suggest that you use the K 1.6 beta version that will soon become available here (in a few hours, maybe?)

Ultimately, though, you may have to wait for the stable release of K 1.6 to be available. I'm sure that if we put a few heads together that we'll be able to sort something positive out for you. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3 by fxstein

Oscarfishlover wrote: Upgrading 1.5 is very easy, you just install the new version without uninstalling the old version. However, I have not been able to successfully upload 1.6 onto a website containing 1.5 and install it properly. Suggestions?

Can you be more specific? What are the issues? On a clean install without permissions issues on Joomla it should work without problems.

Thx!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by fxstein. Reason: typo

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #4 by Oscarfishlover
I just tried again and it seemed to work. First of all I installed 1.5.12, then I installed over the top 1.6 and it works perfectly okay. The only thing I did differently this time was to click install and not one of the colored buttons, I can't remember what it had written on it last night, but but this morning I think it said something like downgrade.

I just uploaded 1.6 onto a site that already had 1.5.4 I got this message
Installer is going to migrate kunena 1.5.4 to kunena 1.6.0 ALPHA
Migrate from Kunena

I didn't click migrate from Kunena, I just clicked install and everything works okay. Last night when I click migrate from Kunena, I got a problem with the database, I can't remember the actual message, but it said it couldn't install Kunena.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by fxstein
Well, sounds like it worked for you.

Next time you get an error please post the exact error message (screenshot would be great) as well as your configuration settings (kunena 1.6 backend - report configuration settings).

That way we can debug the issue better.

Thx!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.699 seconds