Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

Idea Kunena 1.6 known issues

More
10 years 3 days ago #1 by fxstein
Here is a list of known issues (moderators please update):

- mootools migration plugin causing conflict: In preparation of Kunena for Joomla 1.6 we are using the latest mootools 1.2 plugin for Joomla 1.5 - a conflict is causing a few of our functions to fail on java script errors: e.g. form validation and polls - as soon as a bugfix has been provided by the Joomla core dev team, we will update Kunena.com and release Kunena 1.6.0 Beta

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randal, rinuccio sp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 days ago #2 by Randal
Replied by Randal on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 known issues
Beta will be ready to use on production site? Or RC?

More
10 years 2 days ago #3 by woonydanny
Generally in software only a Stable version is ready to use on a production site, and i see no reason why this would be different in this case. If you are skilled enough to debug php and mysql then you could install it on a production site, but if there are problems then don't expect support. The Kunena developer's time at the moment is focussed on getting a stable version out and cant afford the time spent on providing support for users on production sites. By all means install it on a test site and give it a good workout to find bugs :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
10 years 2 days ago #4 by Cerberus

Randal wrote: Beta will be ready to use on production site? Or RC?

NO betas are not to be installed on production sites, release candidates (RC) can be but it is at the risk of the sites admin as it will not be supported until stable release.

More
10 years 2 days ago #5 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 known issues
Actually we need a few brave people who start using betas in their live sites -- that's the only way to find all the bugs. :)

But like peetree21 said, I would start using it only in the live site if I was skilled enough to do things manually -- with or without help of devs. Most of our current live site testers have direct contact to our developers by Skype chats.

Anyway, it's up to you if you want to give K1.6 alpha/beta a try. If it works in the test site without issues, it's highly likely that it does the same in your production site.

More
10 years 1 day ago #6 by Randal
Kunena 1.6 migrate all needed content from fb_ tables to kunena_ ? Or putting only new data to kunena_ prefixed tables?

More
10 years 1 day ago #7 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 known issues

Randal wrote: Kunena 1.6 migrate all needed content from fb_ tables to kunena_ ? Or putting only new data to kunena_ prefixed tables?

Kunena 1.6 migrates ALL data to the new kunena tables structure. The old fb tables are kept as a backup copy.

More
10 years 1 day ago #8 by Randal
Yes, I was thinking that way. So.. if i uninstall K 1.6 and install 1.5.x it will be still working with fb_ tables like before? :)

More
10 years 1 day ago #9 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 known issues

Randal wrote: Yes, I was thinking that way. So.. if i uninstall K 1.6 and install 1.5.x it will be still working with fb_ tables like before? :)

Yes it does, but be careful:

Any data entered while on 1.6 will not make it back to the old fb tables and will appear to be missing. Also when you reinstall 1.6 it will see the existing 1.6 tables and will not perform another data migration. Otherwise ever future 1.6 upgrade would migrate old data over and over, potentially overriding new changes.

So if you need to go back you have to make a conscious decision to do so and when back on 1.5 you really should drop all 1.6 tables before you want to upgrade again. This will require access to the underlying database, good backups and technical skills that many normal site admins might not posses. This definitely falls into the category of advanced...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Randal

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds