Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question User Profile Edit

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by jdlee57
User Profile Edit was created by jdlee57
[strike]I actually have 2 issues.[/strike]
(1) When a user signs in and clicks their username to edit their profile they are redirected to "403 - You are not authorised to view this resource." I am certain I have made an error in configuration somewhere.

[strike](2) I have a user group "Forums" and when a new user registers I would like them to go into that user group. Currently when a new user registers they are saved in the "downloads" user group.[/strike]

I am using Kunena v 1.7.2 and the website is Joomla 2.5.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: One subject per topic. Second question removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdlee57

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by jdlee57
Replied by jdlee57 on topic User Profile Edit
I am using the Login form that was included in the Joomla 2.5.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic User Profile Edit
HTTP 403 Forbidden status codes can occur in Joomla from a variety of causes. Generally, HTTP 403 Forbidden means that access to a file/folder you are trying to open has been denied, either on purpose or due to a misconfiguration. Check the webserver's error log when troubleshooting.

Diagnosing HTTP 403 Forbidden errors is similar to the process described in the Wiki article HTTP 500 Internal Server Error even though the way you fix HTTP 403 Forbidden errors will be different. In the error log you will see a list of the last error messages generated by your website. In this list you will find detailed information about each error including: the date and time of the error, some information about the client receiving the error, description of the error and information about which folder or file on your account is generating the error.

Therefore, you need to find out why people are being blocked from accessing their profile. Check, among other things, Securing Kunena .

Some of those other things include extra Joomla extensions that you may be using, for example, the Auto Login for User Registration one that I mentioned earlier or maybe it's something else. What other extensions are you using that affect the way you login to your website?

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by jdlee57
I checked the web servers error logs before I posted and there are no error log messgages.

I noticed from other posts that Rocket Theme templates sometimes cause a problem. I am using a Rocket theme template.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Rockettheme templates should not normally cause HTTP 403 Forbidden errors by themselves. Yes, it's true, that some features of some Rockettheme templates prevent people from editing their user profiles but, in those cases, there is no evidence of "403 - You are not authorised to view this resource." The error indicates that you are trying to access something on your site and (as far as Joomla is concerned) you are not allowed to access it. Why this is happening is anyone's guess at the moment.

It may help if you provide us with your K 1.7 configuration report. My guess (as to the cause of the problem) is that you are using a Joomla extension that you have not mentioned or you have, in some way, changed Joomla 2.5 ACL settings.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #7 by jdlee57
Here is the report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_affinity | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: September 6, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you for your report. I have to admit that this problem is mystifying to me. In searching for information that might help you, I used >>> this <<<

Do any of the cases referred to in the link I've just posted apply to you?

More
11 years 10 months ago #9 by jdlee57
None of these posts seem to refer to my problem. Very frustrating!

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled
Then you're in the invidious position of being the first to have a new issue that has not been discussed on this forum before. Let's check off the list of common causes of "mystifying" unexplained problems:
  1. Enabled Joomla debug mode, examined webserver logs and detected nothing strange.
  2. All files/folders are owned by Apache:Apache and file/folder security settings in accordance with Joomla recommended values.
  3. No other Joomla extensions mentioned (apart from those mentioned earlier in this topic, viz. modules or plugins that included with Rockettheme templates) or the need seen to disable such other extensions.
  4. No changes made to Joomla 2.5 ACL settings.
  5. No changes made to Kunena forum configuration settings (or has already attempted to restore to default settings).
  6. Valid user account used for the test.
  7. Verified that test user account can login and can perform other forum activities (e.g. post message, view user list, etc.)
  8. Has not implemented Joomla Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) but, from other indications, has not modified .htaccess file, either.
  9. Has eliminated all other possibilities by constructing, on the same hosted environment, a "vanilla-flavoured" J! 2.5 website, no additional Joomla extensions, with Kunena (with no changes made) and in that testing environment is unable to reproduce the current problems.
That's a rough guide. I hope you can say "yes" to all of those.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds