- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Question User can't see forum categories
14 years 3 months ago #125984
by cslane
User can't see forum categories was created by cslane
Using Kunena 1.7 ...
I migrated to J2.5, exported kunena tables from 1.5 and imported them into 2.5. Then I deleted the kunena menu and recreated it using the control panel. As a super user I can see everything perfectly, but when I log in as a user the forum appears as if it were new. I thought maybe it was a permissions problem, but after changing permissions it's still a no go. So, is this a menu problem?
You can see the forum at this address. I currently have access set to public.
nostalgiabaseball.com/j25
I migrated to J2.5, exported kunena tables from 1.5 and imported them into 2.5. Then I deleted the kunena menu and recreated it using the control panel. As a super user I can see everything perfectly, but when I log in as a user the forum appears as if it were new. I thought maybe it was a permissions problem, but after changing permissions it's still a no go. So, is this a menu problem?
You can see the forum at this address. I currently have access set to public.
nostalgiabaseball.com/j25
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #125986
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic User can't see forum categories
You changed permissions? Which permissions did you change? Did you change the default Joomla ACL settings? Maybe that's why your users can't see the categories? :dry:
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #125987
by cslane
Replied by cslane on topic User can't see forum categories
Oops - I meant I changed the access level. As for permissions, I'm still confused by J2.5 on those.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #125988
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic User can't see forum categories
If you don't understand J! 2.5 ACL settings, don't change them.
For access to Kunena categories, see Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) and Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups . Best thing to do, if you don't know what you're doing, is not to change anything.
For access to Kunena categories, see Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) and Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups . Best thing to do, if you don't know what you're doing, is not to change anything.
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #126093
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic User can't see forum categories
If you just copy all the tables from Joomla! 1.5, you need to go through all your categories and fix their permissions as ACL has changed in between those two Joomla releases.
Using jUpgrade does the trick for you.
Using jUpgrade does the trick for you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds