Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question forum link - hidden and visible

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by sepp
Hallo,

I am still a joomla beginner and a friend migrate soon my joomla version 1.5.26 to 2.54. I have download yesterday Kunena in version 1.7.2. This only by the way.

I have found several weeks ago a posting (only short snapped in an agora group) and a user asked there the same topic that interests me very much, too. (he got no answer)

I don't understand why and how it should function. But allow me please the same question. Can one the forum link (Login URL) to Kunena making visible only for registered users? For all others hide the Login URL to Kunena? Is that somehow possible? Or with your Kunena Login modul? My English is not so good but I hope I have written understandable.

The more I would be very pleased about your help. Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, sepp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
If I understand your question you want to do something like this:

And for everyone else they will see, instead:

Does that summarise your question?
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by sepp
Hallo sozzled,

first of all please excuse my belated reply. Is that what the user meant in the agora group?

Users which are not created in joomla backend, shall not see the login line(?)
Users which have already an account in joomla backend shall see the login line(?)

My .htaccess-file (SEO-Urls) is damaged and partially the joomla 1.5.26 installation. Must wait still several days on the migration to joomla 2.54. Unfortunately I can not try yet more settings.

I tried one a week ago various settings but I am not sure which correct settings I must use.
I found in joomla backend behind Site > Global Configuration > System > User Settings >
Allow User Registration no or yes. Here set on yes?

Behind Kunena Forum > Configuration > Integration > Login and Registration: Auto Detect, Joomla, None. Is Auto Detect sufficient?

In Security by Registered Users Only. Do here set on yes?

Please excuse I do not see yet the wood for the trees and I've also just a lot of stress at work. Therefore can you tell me please your settings to see the same as on your both images.

Thank you very much in advance for your efforts and understanding.

Kind regards, sepp

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled

sepp wrote: First of all please excuse my belated reply. Is that what the user meant in the agora group?

Please try to be more actively involved. This is a very busy forum and now I have to re-read everything you have written before! :(

Why do you keep referring to "Agora"? Agora is a different Joomla extension and has nothing to do with Kunena.

If your .htaccess file is "damaged" then fix it up. The easiest way is to rename the file htaccess.txt that comes with any standard Joomla installation kit.

If you do not want anyone to be able to create their own account - this means you have to create everyone's account - then use the setting:

Global Configuration » System » User Settings » Allow User Registration = No

If you want to display the login form on your forum, then use the setting:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = Auto Detect

If you want registered users only to be able to view your forum, then use the setting:

Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only = Yes
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by sepp
Hallo sozzled,

many thanks for your fast reply and comments to the settings. I'll be better and try to respond more quickly.

Is a misunderstanding. I do not hold on to agora and would not like to hold on to agora.

Kind regards, sepp

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds