Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [Resolved] Unable to edit user profiles in 1.7.2 - caused by mod_smart_hide_edit

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by wilmy
For some reason none of my forum users including myself are able to edit their profiles; this happened about a month back and I've tried everything I can thing of to get it working again to no avail and I have no idea what caused it.

I am asking anyone that has come across this and has been able to fix it to help me out.

These are the steps I follow and the result I get...

Thanks guys...

@Sozzled - I hope this is sufficient info' for you :P

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : thebasschallenge3 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-02-04

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Login 1.6.4

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes; change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Its hard to tell why this is happening, but there are two possible reasons:

1) CSS issue is hiding the fields (check if they are in the html source code)
2) You have to update your template (based on 1.7.0)

If you're just modified CSS files and images (and copied it into another directory), you should just remove all php files but initialize.php (try in test site first)

Are you seeing the menu 2 times?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Matias.

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
I'm willing to bet good money that this problem is caused by a Javascript library conflict - I suspect the "shoutbox" application as a likely suspect. I could be wrong.

I would also upgrade Kunena Latest to version 1.7.2 and, as Matias wrote, I would reinstall the K 1.7.2 Blue Eagle template.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #4 by wilmy
Disabled Shoutbox module which didn't solve the problem.

I don't have the Kunena Latest module installed so it can't be that!

If there is CSS which is hiding fields would you please stipulate where I would find the code in question and how to correct it?

No, I don't see the menu twice!

Where do I find the K 1.7.2 Blue Eagle template? I've looked on the Kunena site www.kunena.org/ked/templates and can't see where to download it! Can you please post the URL for me?

I tried to reninstall 1.7.2 and this happened, any ideas how to resolve this?

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by wilmy.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
wilmy wrote:

I don't have the Kunena Latest module installed so it can't be that!

My mistake: I meant to write Kunena Login, not Kunena Latest.

The Blue Eagle template - the update to the Blue Eagle template that you're using now and, perhaps, too, important updates included in K 1.7.2 that may not have been applied when you last tried to upgrade Kunena - is included in the standard installation package. I would say that your failed attempt to re-install Kunena is also behind the problems that you're having in not being able to edit user profiles. Please read Securing Kunena and make sure that all folders and all files have their permissions set according to the Joomla recommended values. Then try the installation again.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilmy

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #6 by wilmy
Thanks for that; the permissions were the reason for the failed update. I have reinstalled 1.7.2 and updated Kunena Login and the profile editing problem still persists :(

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : thebasschallenge3 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-02-04

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Login 1.7.2

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by wilmy.

More
11 years 11 months ago #7 by wilmy
Okay, got it :)

Sozzled, you gave me a clue in that it could be a Javascript library conflict so I systematically disabled and enabled every module until I found the one causing the problem.

The culprit was mod_smart_hide_edit.

Thanks for your help, your free contributions to the comunity are truly appreciated :)

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
[strike]Very puzzling. I still reckon that the problem is caused by a conflict with another extension but I can't put my finger on what the other extension is or what "stuff" it's doing to Kunena to stop you from editing user profiles. This is why we have focused on getting Kunena at your site to a point where it is as close as possible to a standard installation.[/strike] For all practical purposes, when I look at your site it's 95% consistent with what I would reasonably expect. The 5% that concerns me is how you have constructed your menu - that's what Matias also referred to in his first reply to you - and your updated configuration report shows that there's a possible anomaly in the way you've gone about building your Kunena menu.

Again, when troubleshooting problems, the best thing to do is to start with a known environment that works and that's what we're trying to establish at this time. I recommend that you remove all menu options that relate to Kunena and restore the "standard" Kunena menu so that it works. See How do I restore my Kunena menu? - the "trash-burn-build" approach!

If you want to use SEF URLs, I also suggest that you read and implement the advice contained in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

[strike]Evidently there is something operating on your site that that's causing the problem which, if removed, will fix the problem ... but none of us knows what this "other thing" is.[/strike] Well, now we know what caused the problem: Smart Hide Edit Free Joomla Download . Forgive me for saying this but module would have to be one of the most useless things that I've seen on the internet! :side:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds