Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Why are all my users able to delete and edit other users' messages on my forum?

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by fefontana
Hi, I have been searching at your forum how to customize the buttons to be displayed according to the user profile. That is, for an administrator user profile I wanto to show all the buttons, but for a common user I only want to show some buttons. Please see the attached image. The question is: How can I configure this buttons ?.

Thanks,

F r a n c o . -
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by fefontana. Reason: Missing Image.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Franco, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm sorry. I do not understand what you want to "customise"; your image is missing.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: change subject and topic icon
More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by fefontana
Hi, thanks for answer.
My question is: How to disable at the topic some buttons like "Edit", "Delete", "Lock" or "Moderate" for certain users ?.
For example I don't want that anybody can delete any topic.
As you are doing in this forum, you only have buttons for "Replay Topic", "Unsuscribe", "Favorite", "Threaded", "Indented", "Reply", "Quote" and "Edit" only for the author.
I was trying to upload an image in order to explain my problem but the upload is cancelled.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

F r a n c o . -
More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by mobilemews
If you don't want users edit their post, just go to Kunena backend > Forum Configuration > [tab] Users > User Edits: Set to NO
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #5 by fefontana
Hi, the "User Edit" option at "Forum Configuration" is to "Set to Yes to allow registered users to edit their own posts.".
My problem is other, I don't want that a user be able to delete the topic of other user. I want that a user be able to post, subscribe, say thanks, edit only your own topics but not to edit or delete topics from other users.
In the same way we are doing in this forum.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

F r a n c o . -

Please see this image: docs.google.com/file/d/0B2R_vd9ZXHeka05HN2FpTjZkcWM/edit?pli=1
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by fefontana. Reason: Missing Image
More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by gimenezadrian
But that only administrators or moderators can see, not seen by ordinary users!!!
More
11 years 11 months ago #7 by fefontana
Ok, but how do I define an ordinary user in Kunena ???.

Thanks.-

F r a n c o . -
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
Let's summarise what we've learned so far:

To stop people from being able to edit their own messages after they've appeared on the forum:

Forum Configuration » Users » User Related » User Edits = No

To stop people from being able to delete their own messages after they've appeared on the forum:

Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » User Can Delete Own Post = Never

Forum moderators and site administrators can edit or delete any messages posted on the forum.

The question that you should be asking yourself is why are all your users being treated as if they are site administrators? The reason is that you have allowed your users to register as site administrators or you have changed the ACL permissions in Joomla to give your users site administrator access to Kunena. That is why your users are able to see the Lock and Moderate buttons.

I believe, when you have answered this question you will then have answered all of your other questions. You may find this topic helpful: [Merged topic] Every new user has Administrator rights
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fefontana
More
11 years 11 months ago #9 by fefontana
First of thanks to all for your answers.
I've found the problem.
In my Joomla 2.5, User Manager - User Groups, the user I was testing the buttons topics, belonged to a group with "Access Administration Interface" option with the permission = "Allowed". When I changed this to "Not Allowed", the moderator buttons disappears.

Regards,

F r a n c o . -

:)
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds