Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How to manage forum language dependent?

More
12 years 4 days ago - 12 years 4 days ago #1 by leon5wu
Hi,

I've created a test site with Joomla 2.5 and Kunena 1.7 and configured the site multilingual with the Kunena menu. But whatever language I selected, I cannot stop displaying the Main Forum's of both languages on the index page. What I want is obviously on selected language main forum got displayed. Please help me to solve the problem.

Thank you very much.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 days ago by leon5wu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #2 by Matias
Kunena 1.7 doesn't have full multi-language support for Joomla 2.5. We have been improving the support, but we are still learning on how the system works.

Kunena 1.7 is tricky, but in Kunena 2.0 you should be able to create 2 menus with separate forums. I've not given much thought into it yet, but we have already some improvements, which should make this at least "almost possible". I will probably have a look into multi-language support after we have released our first beta.

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by fabrice4821
Hi,
You can used the Falang extension.
And the enclosed xml file for translated the categories.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #4 by leon5wu

Matias wrote: Kunena 1.7 doesn't have full multi-language support for Joomla 2.5. We have been improving the support, but we are still learning on how the system works.

Kunena 1.7 is tricky, but in Kunena 2.0 you should be able to create 2 menus with separate forums. I've not given much thought into it yet, but we have already some improvements, which should make this at least "almost possible". I will probably have a look into multi-language support after we have released our first beta.

Do you have your timeline of the beta release yet?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by leon5wu.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled

leon5wu wrote: Do you have your timeline of the beta release yet?

K 2.0.0 Beta 1 was released about 4 weeks ago (on 24 May 2012). Since then a Beta 2 was built and, very soon, the project will be announcing a public Release Candidate version.

Please subscribe to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena to be kept informed, by email, of the latest news and information about Kunena. Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds