Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Google visibility of posts

More
12 years 3 days ago #1 by JoyousLadyJ
I am surprised this question has not already been asked but I did a search on the term Google Visibility and nothing came up.

My Forum is going to be for paid members only.

On many Forums where I have participated in the past the posts would show up on Google Searches.

Since I want the information to be kept private I would not want the posts accessible by someone finding it via Google.

I would not mind if a brief aspect of the post was visible on Google (we are not doing anything confidential - it is just that there is value for the members in being able to participate in the Forums and I do not want there to be a work around where others could see the information without joining).

So, assuming I have my Forum settings so that only Registered/Paid members can access the Forum can anyone tell me what might show up on a Google search?

If it did show would it just take anyone who clicked on it to the Login page?

Thank you,

Lady J

Cool. It is not making me do the Capcha - have I passed some sort of test? Yipee!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 days ago #2 by sozzled
CAPTCHA only applies to the first three posts that you make on this forum. :)

Google won't "see" a forum or restricted categories in a forum. The Google search engine visits your site, just like any visitor visits your site. If you don't allow unregistered users to see things on your site then Google won't seen those things, either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyousLadyJ

More
12 years 1 day ago #3 by jon.m
Replied by jon.m on topic Google visibility of posts
Since the data is in the SQL database behind a user login, Google won't go there.

To protect the rest of your site, edit the robots.txt file -- but robots don't need to honor this file. Put the pages behind a login.

Oh, and don't open your back door to Google by using Google Analytics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyousLadyJ

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds