Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Problem with Kunena Session

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Natarandon
I have the following problem.
Some of the categories are only visible to members of a certain joomla usergroup. Now if a user becomes member of that group he should be able to view that category.
But in my case nothing happens. I changed the session lifetime to just 5 seconds but still the session and thus the allowed field is not changing. Even loggin out, waiting and then logging in again does not help in any way.
What can be the problem?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Natarandon, and welcome to Kunena.

Set the Kunena session lifetime to be the same as the Joomla session lifetime. 5 seconds is too short.

If you change a user from one user group to another one, use the Synchronize Users feature to clear the Kunena session cache so that these users will be able to view different categories that you have protected/restricted with Joomla's security features. Alternatively, have your users logout and then login again after you change the group they are assigned to. I think this will resolve your problem.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Natarandon
I just thought that the shorter lifetime would fix the problem ;) I'll change it back.

Logging out and back in doesn't solve the problem though. Still the Kunena Session is not updated in the database. And it would be weird if I had to sync the users in the database whenever there is a change in some userrights.

More
12 years 1 week ago #4 by Natarandon
Nobody else has any idea?

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #5 by sozzled
If you change a user from one user group to another one while they are logged-in then you need to use the Synchronize Users feature to clear the Kunena session cache so that these users will be able to view different categories that you have protected/restricted with Joomla's security features. Alternatively, ask your users to logout and then login again after you change the group they are assigned to.

What are your settings for
  • Global Configuration » Server » Cache Settings » Cache
  • Global Configuration » Server » Session Settings » Session Lifetime
  • Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime
Turn off server caching and make Global Configuration session lifefime (in minutes) the same as Kunena session lifetime (in seconds). If Kunena session lifetime is 1800 seconds, make Global sessions lifetime = 30 minutes. I am sure that, for a site with only three members, running the Synchronize Users feature is not going to be a major problem for you.

Also, read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

I see that your site has 3 members in total. One of them is the site administrator (you) and the other two are test accounts. Are you really sure that you're logging out of these test accounts?
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 week ago #6 by Natarandon
I'll try these settings again and hope for the best.

And the page has only these three users since it's a test page ;) The main page has a few users more. And using the Sync is not an option since the changes in the user group are done automatically by a component.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #7 by sozzled

Natarandon wrote: I'll try these settings again and hope for the best.

We did not ask you to "try" those settings and "hope for the best". We asked you to inform us to what you have set those values. If you do not want to provide us with that information then we,too, wish you good luck luck and we also hope for the best, too.

Natarandon wrote: The main page has a few users more.

What do you mean "the main page"? Either you have 3 users on your website or you don't. This statement does not make sense and, whatever it means, it may be the answer to your problem. Either you have 3 registered users or you don't. Which is it to be? We asked you to give us information about the site where you have problems. You gave us information in msg #1. Did you give us the wrong information? What is the configuration report for, and the particular settings I asked you about last time, the site where you are really having problems, please.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds