Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question I can access only first page of forum - others return to the site

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by papars
I can only access the first page of my forum (v1.7.2). But when I try to select the categories I'm returned to the front page of my site.

I see there is something wrong with the URLs but can't figure out what.
The forum is setup on a multilingual site and the forum index is accessible from this example URL:

site-name.com/el/forum/forum-index

Same type of URL are all forum menus. e.g. "new topic" is: site-name.com/el/forum/forum-newtopic

The categories URL are of this form and they do not work: site-name.com/el/?func=showcat&catid=7

Same error for functions like total users: site-name.com/el/?func=userlist

I did play with SEFs options at both the forum and joomla with no fix but I notice that if I manually type this link I can access some category
sitename.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=listcat&catid=4&lang=el&Itemid=153

Forum and site are new installations with J!2.5.3. I do not see other problem with site.

One more thing I notice which might be relevant.
If I use site-name.com/el/forum/forum-newtopic to create a new topic I see few things wrong:
- The large title icons are shown vertically (one bellow the other) instead of horizontally.
- Pressing the "add file" button does nothing.
- Pressing "submit" exits forum to the website front page without saving the topic.
- Pressing "cancel" returns to the category list.
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by papars.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by papars
I have turned off SEO. Both at joomla and kunena for testing purposes. It did not help.
All links now are of the form:

sitename.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=listcat&catid=1&lang=el&func=listcat&Itemid=153

except the forum category links which remain

sitename.com/index.php?func=showcat&catid=4&lang=el

What I notice is that if in the Kunena Menu I change the home item to something other than the first entry ("Forum" Kunena Forum » Entry Page) then the category urls change to the correct format

sitename.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=showcat&catid=4&Itemid=152&lang=el

But when I do this, I loose the link to that new home item.
It becomes: sitename.com/index.php?lang=el

I think is time to delete and start from scratch.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
I think it is time you research My guess is that your site menu contains a number of conflicting or broken links. Your Kunena configuration report will help all of us to understand the current problems that you have.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #5 by papars
I have read the info and wiki before and I have setup many older version of Kunena on J1.5.x without problem but this is my first time on J2.5.x using the newer multilingual menu structure.

I deleted everything and reload kunena. In multilingual sites there must be an unpublished dummy menu as the home of the site. This menu is not accessible. After kunena installation in this dummy menu a new entry is created that suppose to point to the forum. Its a menu alias with name "Forum" and points to kunena menu item called "-forum".

Since this is located in the dummy menu I edit it and change the menu location from the dummy menu to the main menu of my site (and of course I publish it). This correctly created a new button on my top menu called "forum". Pressing this button brings up a fully (almost) working forum. (I still have a non functioning "add file" button). All this with SEO enabled.

Because this button points to the "new articles" in the forum. I changed it to point to "--index" instead of "-forum". Accessing the categories in the form works perfect. All links (SEO) work.

The same procedure I used the first time without success. Oh well!

Now to figure out why:
- The large title icons are shown vertically (one bellow the other) instead of horizontally (the boardcode icons show correctly).
- Pressing the "add file" button does nothing. Sometimes the "open" dialog appears when I press the "submit" button!

Edit: To complete the story. The problem with the "add file" and icons was template related. A couple of changes in the template's css and they were fixed.
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by papars.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds