Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Uploaded image size and lightbox

More
12 years 2 days ago #1 by modernmagic
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_t3_blank | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.8 | creationdate: December 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Login 1.7.1

I want to have images displayed at a maximum of 300px wide X 100% in the topic.
I also want this same image to appear in the lightbox at 100% X 100% of the original uploaded image size.

For example most of the images we upload are 900x1200.
I want the topic to show a 300x400 image.
I want the lightbox to display the 900x1200 image.

If possible, how do i do it?

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 days ago #2 by sozzled
As long as you know how to control the size images as displayed on the forum, setting a maximum 300px width should not present any problems.

As far as how the lightbox affects the display, that's something you need to investigate yourself by examining the Javascript source for the lightbox feature. The lightbox was not designed or developed by the Kunena project team. I don't know the specific answers but perhaps another member of the community may be able to help you.

More
12 years 1 day ago #3 by modernmagic
thanks for the reply sozzled.

From what I can tell if the Maximum Image Width is set to 300px then the image in the Uploaded Images Browser is 300px. Therefore the lightbox is only going to be able to show the 300px image.

What does the "Thumbnail Width" control?

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com

More
12 years 1 day ago #4 by sozzled
The thumbnail size has nothing to do with your question. If you search the forum for "thumbnail" in the subject, you will find the answers to these kinds of questions.

As I wrote before, the lighbox feature is not something I am too familiar with. It was not developed by the Kunena project team. The operation of the lightbox feature is controlled by Javascript. If you want to change the operation of this feature, looking at the Javascript source code is where I would start if I were in your situation.

More
12 years 1 day ago #5 by modernmagic
I understand that the lightbox is not supported by kunena devs.

I'm just trying to figure it out and if anyone else on this forum finds this thread maybe they can help.

My last reply was basically saying that if the "Maximum Image Width" is set to 300px then Kunena is downsizing the image when uploaded because you can see the image dimension in "Uploaded Images Browser" is 300px.

So I don't really care about the lightbox's code because the lightbox wouldn't enlarge a 300px file anyways.

What I want to figure out is:
1. Can kunena upload a 900x1200 image, store it as a 900x1200 image which would allow the lightbox to show it as a 900x1200 image?
2. Can it then display a 300px wide version of the same image in the topic?

modernmagic.com

More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #6 by modernmagic
Here are the results of some testing.

1. uploaded a 1440 × 900
2. The Kunena Uploaded Images Browser shows a 1440x900 image is stored.
3. The image in the topic has been displayed by Kunena at 752x470 because that is the "100% width" per the css.
4. When the image is clicked, the lightbox displays the image as 1440x900 (or the maximum screen size available within the browser)

The solution is to change the css to:
#Kunena div.kmsgbody div.kmsgtext img {max-width: 300px;}

Therefore it appears there could be a setting in a future release of Kunena to set the "maximum width of image in message".

Hope this helps other users.

modernmagic.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by modernmagic.

More
12 years 1 day ago #7 by CheechDogg
If you want the lightbox to show it as a 900x1200 image you have to edit its output dimensions.

So you do have to care about the lightbox's code as that's whats going to give you the 900x1200 image, unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #8 by modernmagic
reworded with quote.

moderator can delete this, now blank post.

modernmagic.com

More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #9 by modernmagic

CheechDogg wrote: If you want the lightbox to show it as a 900x1200 image you have to edit its output dimensions.

So you do have to care about the lightbox's code as that's whats going to give you the 900x1200 image, unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

that's not the point. I was giving an example.
See my post (#6). This is the solution for me.

modernmagic.com

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds