Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question J! 2.5: Where do I find MooTools?

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by mbires
I appreciate any help I can be given...

I recently posted how I can edit a USERS PROFILE. I have been referred to the previously addressed articles about MooTools Upgrade plugin. I have searched Joomla 2.5 and there is not plugin.

What do I need to do to find the plugin, and then what do I do to it to allow users to edit their profile?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
I refer to your earlier question and to our reply .

If you read msg #1 in in the topic If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first you will see that that the answers do not necessarily mean that you have to enable the System - Mootools plugin. Indeed, if you are using J! 2.5 there is no such plugin.

While it is uncommon for a Mootools Javascript library conflict to arise in J! 2.5, it's not impossible. The situation you have encountered is, however, no different from anyone else who is using J! 1.5 (for example) because of some other Joomla extension you have chosen to use. Many of those issues arise, for example, because of the Joomla template - particularly those that rely on the Gantry framework - and, for example (if you are using a Rockettheme template) if you cannot edit your user profiles, this may be because you have Build Title Spans = On.

However, because you have not provided us details of your configuration report, I cannot be certain that this is what is causing the problem in your case.

We would like to remind everyone who asks a question in the K 1.7 Support category to first read the Guide to posting questions when asking for support (see the Index ] page of this forum). This guide asks people to check sticky topics (or search the forum for possible answers) before they post questions on the forum and to also read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? If people provide their configuration report, without waiting for us to request it, we may be able to give them answers quicker and with the best advice we can.

In answer to your question, "Where do I find Mootools for J! 2.5", Mootools is included as part of J! 2.5. There is nothing more that you need to do with Joomla.

The problems that people may have, when they have a Joomla extension (a component, module, plugin, language or template) that conflicts with Mootools (which, therefore, stops Kunena from working) is to read msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

I am locking this topic and I am making it a sticky topic because I know we will probably receive more questions from others that start with the words " I have the same problem ... ". If other people create new topics that are on this subject, we will move them here to this topic and we will refer them to this post.

If you have a problem with editing a user's profile, or any of the other symptoms talked about in msg #$1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first and you are using J! 1.6, J! 1.7 or J! 2.5 then you should look at what other Joomla extensions you are using and resolve the problem by attending to those matters created by those other software products. If you cannot resolve these issues yourself then you should ask the authors of those other extensions if they are aware of possible conflicts with Mootools or with Kunena and what advice do they recommend.

In the case of Rockettheme templates (or other templates that use the Gantry framework) one of the first places to look is Build Title Spans = On. This is not necessarily the only place where such problems occur for users of Kunena.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ngoinhacu1991
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds