- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Question Do sticky topics remain in the same order even when they have received a reply?
14 years 7 months ago #118885
by gigman7
Replied by gigman7 on topic Re: Do sticky topics remain in the same order even when they have received a reply?
Ideally, this would sort by date I post it. When a user clicks on a Category, the threads would be sorted this way. If this is not possible, another option I could use would be something like titles starting with numbers and look like
001
002
003
.
.
.
049
050
051
.
.
.
099
100
This would by default be sorted alphanumeric.
If there is no way of preventing users from starting new topics and being allowed to post in a current topic, I would like to have 100 pinned topics above the first non pinned.
There would be 10 categories with an average of about 100 questions in each.
I don't have any examples to point you to.
001
002
003
.
.
.
049
050
051
.
.
.
099
100
This would by default be sorted alphanumeric.
If there is no way of preventing users from starting new topics and being allowed to post in a current topic, I would like to have 100 pinned topics above the first non pinned.
There would be 10 categories with an average of about 100 questions in each.
I don't have any examples to point you to.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #118886
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Do sticky topics remain in the same order even when they have received a reply?
I understand your questions and I understand the problem. Perhaps there are other solutions that would work better for you and I would be prepared to take this matter offline and discuss them with you, if that's what you would like to do.
In summary, Kunena does not have the ideal features that you require but there are alternatives. As neither you, nor I, have seen other examples on the internet of this particular situation, we are basically breaking new ground unless, perhaps, someone else in the community would like to offer a few suggestions? :whistle:
In summary, Kunena does not have the ideal features that you require but there are alternatives. As neither you, nor I, have seen other examples on the internet of this particular situation, we are basically breaking new ground unless, perhaps, someone else in the community would like to offer a few suggestions? :whistle:
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #124101
by jephilli6
Replied by jephilli6 on topic Re: Do sticky topics remain in the same order even when they have received a reply?
I have this IDENTICAL dilemma and need a solution...
I want to seed forum topics in a structured order within their category and have them stay that way... What is the workaround?
Kunena Team- Please contact me! Thanks!
-Jeffrey
I want to seed forum topics in a structured order within their category and have them stay that way... What is the workaround?
Kunena Team- Please contact me! Thanks!
-Jeffrey
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #124103
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Do sticky topics remain in the same order even when they have received a reply?
Have you migrated from old version of FireBoard / Kunena?
In some cases the old versions made topic super sticky (0 = normal, 1 = sticky, 2 = super sticky).
Quick workaround is to unsticky and sticky topic again.
In some cases the old versions made topic super sticky (0 = normal, 1 = sticky, 2 = super sticky).
Quick workaround is to unsticky and sticky topic again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds