Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Member's Management

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by effe
Member's Management was created by effe
Hey everybody,

I've got a few questions about member's management.

1)I would like to control who is registering in the forum, meaning that I would have to verify each person. How do I do that?

2) Is there a way to manage guests or somehow control who can log-in as a guest?

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Member's Management
(1) Kunena is not responsible for user registration. See FAQs How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

(2) A guest is someone who does not login to your site. Therefore I do not understand your question.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by effe
Replied by effe on topic Re: Member's Management
Hi sozzled,

thanks for your reply.
I wondered about the guests' management versus registered users' management for the following reason:

whereas on the Joomla! > site > user manager tool, a person is indicated as being registered on our site, we could not find her as registered in the Kunena control panel > user manager tool. (Kunena is the only possibiliy to register on our site.)

Also, you differentate in Kunena > forum configuration between registered users and guests...

Thanks!

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Re: Member's Management
Guests are people that have gone to your website but are not registered at all.

Registered users are controlled by Joomla, and for that you should refer to Sozzled's reply to you about point (1).

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by effe
Hi Jiminimonka,

thx for your quick answer.

I understand the differentiation. Nevertheless, looking at our Joomla user manager (see screenshot attached), Mrs Angelina is named as being registered, though without having ever logged in (i.e. visited). However, she is not being listed as registered user in the Kunena user manager.

This is why I am confused. Any idea?

Thx!

(sorry, that is VERY small...)
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by effe.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
What is the problem here with the Kunena Login module?

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by effe
Well, the Kunena forum user manager tool does not indicate a registered user which is listed as being registered on the Joomla! user manager listing...

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
You originally posted a question in a category of this forum that is deals with questions about the Kunena Login module. From what you have written (and it has taken us 4 days to get to this point) you do not have a question about the Kunena Login module. You are asking a question about how new user registrations create records in the Kunena user table.

Can you please post your Kunena configuration report so that we can answer further questions you may have? Thank you.

*** Topic moved from Kunena Login (M) category to K 1.7 Common Questions ***
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds